Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

Okay so I was in the very back of this line.

which goes to a big zig zag like on the far left. Then another zig zag line on the far right. Very long line.

0C676F13-9A0F-44BB-8B90-61B0150A65A3.thumb.jpeg.155037b98f0fc24d58ab656064126ffe.jpeg

Right after I got in that line they opened up a new line on the right and waved me in. I went from 500th in line to 2nd. I get up there and the lady says they can’t take bags more than four hours before a flight. Come back in two hours. She did say to come directly to her. I don’t have to wait in line again…I really didn’t the first time but I don’t think she knew that.

B8593328-DC07-4B8B-A9FF-5B81A0DDE9EA.thumb.jpeg.6d46d9a5f64509021aca1e6bf841a307.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The good news is there’s this huge area. Way better than the terminal area. Like a mall with tons of stores, a food court, hotel, and even a pub.

B068FD5A-8B18-40A7-8B84-0F6A08F7551B.thumb.jpeg.7f189061656bf031ff5d0a8bf5c77888.jpeg

Hung out there for a bit with the granddaughters after Disney then got sucked into buying more Disney crap🤦‍♀️

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

OIA has expanded so much since I moved to Florida in 1980.  I believe they just opened another brand new terminal!

I'll take the "old" days for sure.

I saw something on the new terminal. I think that’s c and I’m in b so it doesn’t do much for me. But this in between area is nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Change of plans here. When someone said “grills is next to terminal 1,” I took that as meaning I’m at terminal 1. I’m at terminal 6. There is nothing here. It’s going to cost me $30 just to get over there. Forget that. I’m only paying transportation once today. I’m going straight to the airport.

23F84945-CFA5-4FD2-9942-48A37B195E82.jpeg

Without luggage walkable, with, forget it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

The good news is there’s this huge area. Way better than the terminal area. Like a mall with tons of stores, a food court, hotel, and even a pub.

B068FD5A-8B18-40A7-8B84-0F6A08F7551B.thumb.jpeg.7f189061656bf031ff5d0a8bf5c77888.jpeg

This is my home airport.  It is a beautiful airport, but without TSA Pre-Check, the security lines can be very long. 

• Like 5

For future things like I said news on the rest of this year will wait until the football schedule comes out in May. 

Make sure you’re subscribed to this thread with notifications turned on for that news.

Next year I have three cruises in the first four months. That includes Jubilee, Spirit, and Horizon. All three ships are new to me. One new home port for me (Mobile) and four new ports for me (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Bimini). 

If anyone has tips or suggestions for any of those ports, feel free to leave those here because my planning hasn’t really begun for any of them. 

I can also say I have my first balcony room booked on a future cruise…but I won’t say which one until we get to it.

• Like 24

39 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I saw something on the new terminal. I think that’s c and I’m in b so it doesn’t do much for me. But this in between area is nice.

The new Terminal C is also home to the Brightline train station. By June, we are supposed to be able to travel to Miami via train in 3 hours. I’m very excited for this, as Miami traffic is horrible and we tend to park our car at the hotel and Uber everywhere when we visit.  It will be so nice to sit on the train and enjoy a cocktail or two and free Wi-Fi on the trip!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

For future things like I said news on the rest of this year will wait until the football schedule comes out in May. 

Make sure you’re subscribed to this thread with notifications turned on for that news.

Next year I have three cruises in the first four months. That includes Jubilee, Spirit, and Horizon. All three ships are new to me. One new home port for me (Mobile) and four new ports for me (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Bimini). 

If anyone has tips or suggestions for any of those ports, feel free to leave those here because my planning hasn’t really begun for any of them. 

I can also say I have my first balcony room booked on a future cruise…but I won’t say which one until we get to it.

Oh boy! A teaser! 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You will love the balcony. We’ve done all types of cabins, from inside to ocean view to balcony to aft balcony. We did those 4J rooms on Carnival too and they were pretty nice. The aft balcony is my favorite. So relaxing to sit outside and watch the wake, but I’ll take any balcony. The older I get, it’s hard to do anything else. I’m not sure I could do a dark inside room again though. 

• Like 5