Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

Curacao, we walked at night past the fort to the floating bridge.  It was great to watch it turn so boats could get past.  Had a bite at a restaurant right on the water.  Aruba, we snorkeled over a wreck.  Carnival excursion.  Had drinks near the port. Pink building pic is Aruba bar

curacao fort.jpg

floating bridge1.jpg

floating bridge2.JPG

rikki bar.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

We have them. I have a vendor a work that brings them to me. Not really what I’m looking for though.

I’m jealous you have them.  Now, the only one in Orlando is at the airport. We had one by the Millenia Mall, but it’s gone now. I believe they tore the building down and put in a Chick Fil A. Like we needed another fast food chicken place; and one that closes on Sunday at that! I miss the cappuccino from La Madeleine. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 10:51 PM, Saint Greg said:

Celebration you definitely want to try the watermelon crush at the watering hole bar. If you like margarita’s they have a watermelon margarita in the pig and anchor. That pig and anchor has the best bloody marys. 

My goto is the funship.  I’ll occasionally mix in a White Russian for frozen drinks pina colada is the go to but I like a banana daiquiri. Even though it isn’t on any of the menus they can make it. A mudslide if you want a frozen chocolate drink.

The Smoky Watermelon Margarita is sooooo good.  And you are so right, the P&A Bloody Marys are the bomb.  

• Like 2

Guy comes up to the bar and orders a whiskey sour. He requests the cheapest brand of whiskey and says no sour. Bartender thinks he said light on the sour. He brings the drink. The guy says "Is that sour?" Yeah. "I said I didn't want any sour." So you just want a whiskey on the rocks? "Yeah." Why didn't you order that? "I did."

• Haha 26

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Guy comes up to the bar and orders a whiskey sour. He requests the cheapest brand of whiskey and says no sour. Bartender thinks he said light on the sour. He brings the drink. The guy says "Is that sour?" Yeah. "I said I didn't want any sour." So you just want a whiskey on the rocks? "Yeah." Why didn't you order that? "I did."

"Who's on first?"😅

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

For dinner in Mobile, I would suggest The Noble South.  We sat at the bar and had tasty cocktails with small plates.

bar.jpg

decor.jpg

noble.jpg

I was also going to suggest this place. Yummy! I really enjoyed cruising out of Mobile last year. Saw the battleship, visited the gulf museum and ate very well before the cruise. Very easy port. I hope you enjoy it too!

• Like 8

On 2/14/2023 at 11:59 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

He knew. I mean he saved his finest formal wear to officiate the thing. 😉

Father Saint Greg from this undated photo in the 80's. Sorry to say if you recognize him like I do... we're getting old.B9MzwnzCYAA7htw.thumb.jpg.3c0713dd8f0c2f9abbc3239c51f5bdd3.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AmyJA said:

Have you heard any chatter about the new Reservation Line? https://reserve.clearme.com

Back in November a couple of days before my flight, I got an email from them.  Have no idea how they got it (maybe Delta???).  Wish I had kept it. Said I could pick a time to go through Security to speed things up. So, I picked 10:30 not sure what time I’d be getting off the ship or if there would be an issue on the trip from the port to the Orlando airport.  I arrived very early and about 9:30 I got tired of waiting and approached the TSA agent at a site next to the regular Security area figuring all she could say is that I was too early.  Nope, she didn’t bat an eye and just waved me through to a very short security line. And, no, I don’t have Clear.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Guy has a run in with a different bartender now. I didn't hear the start of the conversation but she brings in one of those silver things the bartenders use to measure shots. Points to a spot on it and says "I put this much sour in it." Now she's making him another one with the sour but adding honey. Sounds like he's happy with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Guy has a run in with a different bartender now. I didn't hear the start of the conversation but she brings in one of those silver things the bartenders use to measure shots. Points to a spot on it and says "I put this much sour in it." Now she's making him another one with the sour but adding honey. Sounds like he's happy with it.

Then the guy starts to walk out of the bar with it.

bartender says “you can’t take that out or I can get in trouble.” When she looked away he walked out. She went looking for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9