New to Saga

Ladycommonsense

52 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Are there any benefits for booking a future cruise while on the ship?, our first Saga cruiser is in September and we are thinking of booking one for next year but not until we have some experience of the line.

I don't think that there is any advantage booking onboard. The best prices are when you pre register before the cruises go on general sale (usually in Jan & March for the following year).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Are there any benefits for booking a future cruise while on the ship?, our first Saga cruiser is in September and we are thinking of booking one for next year but not until we have some experience of the line.

There is depending on the future sales rep on board. The last time that we sailed with SAGA (in May) we investigated a month long future cruise. He promised to find the best cabin at the best price and was able to sort out a K grade superior balcony cabin. The cost of that same cabin today would be 30% more and so, as you might imagine, we're saving big time.

• Like 1

Time is the key factor in Saga price   earlier the better. I understand why you want to test them out first very sensible. 

If answer is yes and you want to book, you won't get any better terms on board than on land at that exact moment in time. However if you wait till you get back prices may have gone up. If you are not looking till a few years ahead the advice above to preregister is best. Pre registered guests are  contacted on first registered first talked too system.  So again first in queue gets best offer, so no harm in doing it on board.

The key to cheaper with Saga is earlier

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies, you have confirmed what I thought was the case.

If we enjoy the cruise we will book as soon has we return home, I realise we wiil probably not get the cheapest deal.

On Azamara we always paid a reduced deposit on-board along with other special offers.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2023 at 12:35 PM, Jammy Bun said:

I am onboard at the moment.  Very British - if you’ve liked P& O or Cunard in the past, you’ll like Saga.  Average age on the cruise I would guess mid 80s.  We’re in our mid 70s and feel incredibly young.  At this point in our lives it’s not for us.
This was an expensive experiment… Back to Viking in the summer, for a less old fashioned holiday.  May try Saga again when we’re older, infirm, or when one of us is widowed 😳

We’ve just had to cancel a Viking cruise as husband not well but thinking of saga as no flights involved (except from Inverness south). Now missed out on 3 Viking cruises , one river switched to Alaska where we caught Covid and now this one. We’re 69 & 72 don’t really mind mixed age groups

On 7/26/2023 at 5:11 AM, Scorpio41 said:

Can you book more than one cruise using one pre registration? I’m hoping there will be a uk based cruise after a Norway or Iceland cruise. A back to back. 

I pre-registered and booked b2b cruises for 2024, specifically Iceland/Greenland followed by Norway. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mickey111 said:

Hi folks

are there sockets next to bed on ocean cruises for cpap machines? We always travel with an extension for hotels but I see they’re not allowed on board 

Yes there is a 13amp socket above the bedside cabinet on each side of the bed together with  USB sockets for phone charging etc.

A quick cabin tour is given in the link below.

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 12:00 PM, Glenndale said:

If you haven’t booked yet and have a friend who is a Britannia club member, they could recommend you and you will both get an extra 10% discount 🙂

I would be interested!

On 2/25/2023 at 12:35 PM, Jammy Bun said:

I am onboard at the moment.  Very British - if you’ve liked P& O or Cunard in the past, you’ll like Saga.  Average age on the cruise I would guess mid 80s.  We’re in our mid 70s and feel incredibly young.  At this point in our lives it’s not for us.
This was an expensive experiment… Back to Viking in the summer, for a less old fashioned holiday.  May try Saga again when we’re older, infirm, or when one of us is widowed 😳

Was on Spirit of Discovery for the Christmas and New Year cruise 

Very varied age range on this one between late fifties to eighties

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tabicat said:

Was on Spirit of Discovery for the Christmas and New Year cruise 

Very varied age range on this one between late fifties to eighties

My experience as well.

In addition to the discount for being recommended by a Britannia Club friend, former services personnel can receive a further discount with the Defence Privilege card, issued by the Defence Discount Service, if they have one. We were able to use both, for a nice savings.