Towel animal question

I'm starting to see posts that some pax are being left towel animals on Princess cruises. If our steward does this would I be rude if I ask him not to? Our cabins are usually interiors, space is limited, towel animals are actually in the way. I never know what to do with them, feel mean & ungrateful if I dismantle them & use the towel. 

45 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I'm starting to see posts that some pax are being left towel animals on Princess cruises. If our steward does this would I be rude if I ask him not to? Our cabins are usually interiors, space is limited, towel animals are actually in the way. I never know what to do with them, feel mean & ungrateful if I dismantle them & use the towel. 

We haven’t seen any on our cruises.  Except, some with little kids had them every once in a while.

I don’t think it would hurt, IF, you do get one to say, nice, but no more, because not enough room in here.  Honesty is okay, IMO.

• Thanks 1

We had a clever and pretty realistic little dog done on our last cruise in our suite one day.  It was a surprised and stayed with us the whole cruise.  We have had it done a few times on Princess over the years.  Some stewards have worked for other cruise lines so it could be a carry over from there.  I would just thank them but tell them you need the space.  Honesty is always the best policy.

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Why bother to have the cabin steward waste time making towel animals unless you're travelling with kids?

Some of us are still young at heart.  I’m sorry you don’t appreciate the steward’s gesture of kindness.  Don’t ruin it for those that enjoy this little extra effort.

But the answer is yes, politely decline for whatever your reason is.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1965 said:

If towel animal are hanging out in our cabin when we return in the evening we look, laugh and destroy. Ends up in the pile of used towels for the next morning cabin cleanup.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Don’t ruin it for those that enjoy this little extra effort.

I don't see how my not wanting towel animals ruins your enjoyment.

If anything it gives the cabin steward more time to spend in your cabin roiling them if that's what makes you happy.

I hope you reward them for the extra effort.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeleMermaid said:

I was delighted to find a towel animal, three birds in a paper towel nest, in my single balcony cabin on my first ever cruise last month. The Steward said they make them for children and it was left behind.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

• Like 1