Shuttles on Spain Intensive June 3 2023

Mrs Miggins

Looking forward to our Azamazing Evening in Valencia in the wonderful City of Arts and Sciences..  Have been to Valencia before and there was a shuttle service to the City Centre with both Azamara and Viking.  I seem to recall reading that there was some problem with this shuttle - local unions - or something.  Hope I am wrong.  Does anybody have any recent knowledge.

Have been to Vigo and La Coruna before, but not with Azamara.  Any knowledge about shuttles.  My memory says we just walked from the ship previously.

Very disappointed that we only have an evening in Bordeaux before disembarking next morning.  I presume that this is due to tides ?  Know Bordeaux well and will be sad not to have more time in this lovely place.  Should have checked before booking our BA flight back to the UK I know.

3 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Looking forward to our Azamazing Evening in Valencia in the wonderful City of Arts and Sciences..  Have been to Valencia before and there was a shuttle service to the City Centre with both Azamara and Viking.  I seem to recall reading that there was some problem with this shuttle - local unions - or something.  Hope I am wrong.  Does anybody have any recent knowledge.

Have been to Vigo and La Coruna before, but not with Azamara.  Any knowledge about shuttles.  My memory says we just walked from the ship previously.

Very disappointed that we only have an evening in Bordeaux before disembarking next morning.  I presume that this is due to tides ?  Know Bordeaux well and will be sad not to have more time in this lovely place.  Should have checked before booking our BA flight back to the UK I know.

I was on Pursuit in November; for our stop in Valencia there was a shuttle into town running every 30 minutes.  The drop off/pick up spot was at the Torres de Serranos for easy access into the old city.  It's not really near the Arts and Sciences center.

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 2

Thanks, I was particularly interested in Valencia.  Lovely place that we have visited before.  All the cruise companies use that Torres de Serranos as the drop off/pick up point.  I realise it is not near the Arts and Sciences center but our Azamazing evening is located there so Azamara will definitely bus us to the venue.  

Last time in Valencia we used the shuttle to the city centre,  then visited the Arts and Science centre by taxi and then returned to the ship by taxi.

There were certainly shuttles last April on our B2B Barcelona - Ravenna  although not many were required as we docked within walking distance of most ports.

Shuttles were provided in Sep, in Valencia, as described, and Bilbao - close to Guggenheim. Shuttles weren’t needed anywhere else; except maybe Gibraltar. Most docking positions were very close to highlights. I’m not sure about Gibraltar as we did an excursion. I think there may have been a local shuttle, which charged. It looked like it would be a much longer walk to town than when we visited some years ago, so a shuttle  is advisable. Vigo wasn’t on the itinerary.

I started to post this very query last night. Thank you Mrs. Miggins for beating me to the punch!

We are on a different Spanish intensive cruise soon and am particularly interested in Seville and Malaga. 

I appreciate all the postings and if there is further clarifications in our docs I will post on Cruise Critic. The docs should be here soon. Can't wait.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

I started to post this very query last night. Thank you Mrs. Miggins for beating me to the punch!

We are on a different Spanish intensive cruise soon and am particularly interested in Seville and Malaga. 

I appreciate all the postings and if there is further clarifications in our docs I will post on Cruise Critic. The docs should be here soon. Can't wait.

No shuttles needed for Seville or Malaga; ship docks right in the center of town.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SandJCruiser said:

Host Jazzbeau -. I realize now that the "shuttles suspended" info is in a red note on my booking confirmation document.  I made a payment a couple of days ago and got a new one... it's still there.  Just sayin'.

Given the number of ports where shuttles are running, your message "shuttles suspended" must be port specific. Where are you cruising?

Dalmatian Coast.  You're right, it could be cruise specific, so if one's cruise receipt doesn't have the red note, then one is probably OK.  I made the assumption it was general info, as it didn't specify "this cruise" or "these ports"  but I certainly could be wrong.  It also might be a leftover note that someone has neglected to remove.  But again, my TA did confirm it, for my cruise at least.

12 hours ago, SandJCruiser said:

Host Jazzbeau -. I realize now that the "shuttles suspended" info is in a red note on my booking confirmation document.  I made a payment a couple of days ago and got a new one... it's still there.  Just sayin'.

My guess ... based on a career in 'big systems' IT ... is that (as we know) RCI are running Azamara's IT systems on a third-party basis until the new Azamara ones are up and running.  They will likely have stupidly-expensive fees if Azamara ask to make any changes.  Azamara, knowing that they will soon have their own systems, will defer anything that they possibly can, and the wording of this is just one such example.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 4:50 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

Because of the new software problems, I finally got to look at the excursions for our Sept Spain Intensive.  It says the the Azamazing Evening is in Valencia but it says nothing about what it is…or even where… just a picture.  Could you share what you know about that evening?  This is our first time in Spain and I am way behind in my research.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Because of the new software problems, I finally got to look at the excursions for our Sept Spain Intensive.  It says the the Azamazing Evening is in Valencia but it says nothing about what it is…or even where… just a picture.  Could you share what you know about that evening?  This is our first time in Spain and I am way behind in my research.

Thanks!

So have they changed it? Last I knew it was in Seville but I haven’t looked in a few days. 

41 minutes ago, pickypicky said:

So have they changed it? Last I knew it was in Seville but I haven’t looked in a few days. 

I’m embarrassed!  Of course it’s in Seville.  I was studying Valencia when decided to post this and got confused. 😮