Future Elite Cruise Pkgs?

FriscoLady

Has anyone else received a sales call from Princess for this new package they have rolled out? I guess it launched about 6 weeks ago- combines FCC's, OBC, land stays, pre/post cruise hotels, and Princess promo points.

Just curious... we are "elite", but have never received a sales call from Princess before.

Yes, I have. I too have never received the sales call from Princess ever in the past as I never even used a CVP ever or book directly with Princess away through a private independent travel agent. Here's the thread where we discussed all this.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2912904-is-this-really-a-new-benefit-for-elite/page/2/#comment-64770782

I believe these are from Princess Promotions and not from Princess.  I was presented with one of these packages when I had contacted who appeared to be my CVP.  I find out this person is a Contractor, External to Princess.  May be good; may not be.  The package did not appeal to me.

• Thanks 1

Personal opinion...it's *probably* legit, from the standpoint of a third-party firm trying to sell Princess cruises; perhaps similar to what a Travel Agency does.  (Ok...not quite, but you get my drift.)  However...I would NEVER try to log into a third-party website with credentials from another site that I frequent...if they are totally legit then you just don't "get in".  If not so above-board...they could be harvesting credentials for who knows what purpose.  (I'm not saying that this is what they are doing...)

The fact that they use a portion of the Princess Seawitch logo and other things we are used to seeing just gives me a feeling that this is not somebody I want to do business with.  It's kinda like they are trying to take advantage of their target group and trick them into coming through the door and talking to their "used-car" type salesmen!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Personal opinion...it's *probably* legit, from the standpoint of a third-party firm trying to sell Princess cruises; perhaps similar to what a Travel Agency does.  (Ok...not quite, but you get my drift.)  However...I would NEVER try to log into a third-party website with credentials from another site that I frequent...if they are totally legit then you just don't "get in".  If not so above-board...they could be harvesting credentials for who knows what purpose.  (I'm not saying that this is what they are doing...)

The fact that they use a portion of the Princess Seawitch logo and other things we are used to seeing just gives me a feeling that this is not somebody I want to do business with.  It's kinda like they are trying to take advantage of their target group and trick them into coming through the door and talking to their "used-car" type salesmen!

I agree.  Be very cautious of this group.  This activity has been reported by several CC members to PCL.  Not sure if we will hear anything.  Normally, for fraud reporting you do not get feedback.

We’ll see.

• Like 1

As with other cold call sales, I'll defer to not acting on their special deals. I seriously doubt if I'll lose out on any "special" discounts if I don't act now. 

It is interesting that they had all my past Princess information. 

That still wasn't enough to make me bite. 😆

• Like 1