MSC Web Check In Is A Disaster

tonyfall1

So I am checking in for my cruise, and I can't fully finish the check in process. I have completed everything but it will not let me do the final submit. It states that I am not checked in but essentially when I try to complete the process it emails me my boarding tickets, health questionnaire etc. So it looks like I have everything I need but my status is still showing that I am not checked in. Do I need to be concerned???    By the way, I work in IT and this is an issue with their website.

• Haha 1

We have three rooms on a b2b. Spent way too much time on what should be a five minute thing.  Got two emails that two were partials yet all info in there.  Got etickets and health form.  Wrote existing reservations and told all good.  Boarding pass button, whatever that is not working, told not needed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, styles27 said:

When is your cruise?
If you have received your edocs you’re checked in. 

Feb 19th. It looks like I have received all of my edocs. When I try to do the final check in step it says it failed but then it emails me all of my edocs so it seems like it actually succeeded but my status still shows not checked in.

Edited by tonyfall1
  • Like 1

@tonyfall1 did you book via a TA?  We found when we booked with MSC last year that we couldn't check in online, but that all the docs came to us via the TA.  This year we booked with the same TA but the docs came to us from MSC once we'd done online check in. . . . 

There is no method in the madness!  However I understand MSC are notorious for this kind of thing

10 minutes ago, lucy n said:

@tonyfall1 did you book via a TA?  We found when we booked with MSC last year that we couldn't check in online, but that all the docs came to us via the TA.  This year we booked with the same TA but the docs came to us from MSC once we'd done online check in. . . . 

There is no method in the madness!  However I understand MSC are notorious for this kind of thing

Our last trip we had two trips booked via TA.  Separated sailings one day apart, different ports due to government restrictions at time of booking.

First trip online docs sent after check in, other trip TA had to request.

16 minutes ago, tonyfall1 said:

Feb 19th. It looks like I have received all of my edocs. When I try to do the final check in step it says it failed but then it emails me all of my edocs so it seems like it actually succeeded but my status still shows not checked in.

As others have said their website is a disaster. 
As long as you have your edocs including the health summary, luggage tags and boarding pass you’re fine. 

I have seen people show up at the port without their docs printed out and they were fine. 

An MSC rep told my SIL she couldn’t check in for her 02/19/2023 cruise until the week before. 
So ridiculous that some of their agents don’t even know their own policies. 

Just double check your edocs to be sure all of the info is correct.
For some reason MSC always screws up our passport expiration dates by one calendar day.

It’s happened every single time I’ve cruised with them despite the fact it shows the correct dates on our web check in. 

Are you by any chance on Seascape?

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lucy n said:

I booked direct. It looks like everything is ok since I received all of my boarding docs. just looks like a glitch in their app. I'll probably call them just to make sure everything is ok

Edited by tonyfall1

The same thing with one of my upcoming cruises. Two that are later in the year show that I am all checked in and just waiting for the 20 day window to get the documents. The one that is much closer says I have not entered all information yet, everything is in there. I called MSC and they told me there is a second passenger listed in the room that is not completed their information and I needed to call my travel agent. It is a . I called MSC and they told me there is a second passenger listed in the room that is not completed there information and I needed to call my travel agent. It is a solo booking. .

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 2

Just booked April 14th on Divina. I always try to do everything as early as possible. Yes, the MSC site is problematic. However, I also booked a “pay a cheap fare and we’ll advise you what cabin we’re giving you” deal. So I just assumed since I didn’t have an assigned cabin that was the reason I couldn’t complete boarding. 

Also, I’ve changed phone # and address since last MSC cruise. I repeatedly tried to Edit both but every time I hit Save, the old info remained. <sigh>

I’m just going to wait until I’m 20 days out and my cabin is confirmed and try again. 

I’m a little OCD and I do like to complete my web check in early, but I’ll use this a lesson in patience and just do my deep breathing exercises. 8^}

• Like 1

Trying to finish my web check in but says cruise not booked or registration failed and yet my husband logs in and we are all there except my info needs to be imported yet. Is it their website? I’ve tried multiple different times and ways. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m having similar issues with the web check in. I was able to do everything except the box to check for Accept contract is grayed out. The ticket documents with luggage tags went to my email, but Boarding Pass just gets me to a message that says I can’t access because I haven’t accepted the passenger contract. 🤷🏻‍♀️