Beverage cards

gizmodog

I am thinking about purchasing beverage cards for my daughters family since they do not have a drink package. Has anyone purchased these cards before? Is there any trouble to use them? Thinking it would help them some and drink packages are so expensive.

I purchased beverage cards on my 2019 Koningsdam cruise and they worked out great.  Any amount that was left on the card was automatically credited to my onboard account for any other purchases I made.  There was never any issue using them......I think that's a great idea......

When we purchased them they were delivered to our cabin when we boarded, not sure if this process has changed or not.............

8 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I am thinking about purchasing beverage cards for my daughters family since they do not have a drink package. Has anyone purchased these cards before? Is there any trouble to use them? Thinking it would help them some and drink packages are so expensive.

I always pre-order beverage cards.  Several reasons - it spreads the expenses, but most of all you do not have to continually check your onboard account for errors, and spend time at front desk trying to put it right.  With your drink, you see the charge and get an updated balance.  Total win for me, 

Forgot to mention - any unused portion is credited to your onboard account on the last evening.  

Edited by T8NCruise

I just went on line to Holland America and they still are selling the beverage cards, 3 denominations $50, $100 and $250.............not sure what that bartender is referring to, but the website is still selling them.

44 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Yes, the website is, that’s why I was asking. Hope the bartender was wrong. IF they sell them to me and then won’t accept them I’m hoping they would make good on that

I am sure if they sell them they will accept them…its a great thing.

Our recent experience on multiple HAL cruises is that the beverage cards CANNOT be purchased onboard which is a shame.  They must  be purchased in advance.  I absolutely dislike small charges on my onboard bill.  It's hard enough to keep the big items straight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

HAL also sells a non-alcoholic beverage card.  We got that for a teen that was in our party.  It was great since she was able to buy soda, mocktails, specialty coffees on her own.

Thanks, that's good to know. 

This subject is number 1 for me today. I was checking out the options (now that I used the app on my iPhone.) I was surprised to see BEVERAGE CARDS listed and especially denominations but not what you can get for your I.e. $100.

In the past (2019 last HAL sailing) I got beverage cards that were for sodas and coffee and maybe more. But the use of the card gave more than the amount paid. Comments?

The hitch on the Drinks package is that both passengers in the cabin must take the plan. For medical reasons I can’t drink alcohol, so that’s out.

It seems that there is a Quench Package, almost $20 a day which would be perfect for me but again my DH would have to sign up also.

in our cabin DH wine with dinner, maybe a beer at lunch.

Me: frequent club soda and maybe a cafe coffee a day.

Any suggestions other than pay as you go which is our current choice?

Also it seems that specialty drinks at the Dutch Cafe are not included in any drinks package. Is this correct?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE OFFERING AN OPINION.

SUSAN.  

Rotterdam VII April 6.

@MaisonRoseEspresso drinks and wine/beer at the Grand Dutch Cafe are included with the SBP as part of the HIA so feature on any package that would include the beverage elsewhere.The snacks are also free. There were a few things (packaged candies? I think) that had a charge also. 

The draft beers were not available on either of our K'dam B2B cruises.

Edited by crystalspin

1 hour ago, MaisonRose said:

This subject is number 1 for me today. I was checking out the options (now that I used the app on my iPhone.) I was surprised to see BEVERAGE CARDS listed and especially denominations but not what you can get for your I.e. $100.

In the past (2019 last HAL sailing) I got beverage cards that were for sodas and coffee and maybe more. But the use of the card gave more than the amount paid. Comments?

The hitch on the Drinks package is that both passengers in the cabin must take the plan. For medical reasons I can’t drink alcohol, so that’s out.

It seems that there is a Quench Package, almost $20 a day which would be perfect for me but again my DH would have to sign up also.

in our cabin DH wine with dinner, maybe a beer at lunch.

Me: frequent club soda and maybe a cafe coffee a day.

Any suggestions other than pay as you go which is our current choice?

Also it seems that specialty drinks at the Dutch Cafe are not included in any drinks package. Is this correct?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE OFFERING AN OPINION.

SUSAN.  

Rotterdam VII April 6.

You might want to contact HAL regarding the drink package requirement.  Explain your medical situation to them.  They may grant you an exception to buy the Quench package while permitting your DH to get the Signature Beverage Package (SBP).  Never hurts to ask.