Any Wheelchair accessible tenders for Belize City, Belize? Or plan a day on the ship

PaulC29

Considering a SKY PRINCESS cruise with a stop in Belize City - Curious are any tenders wheelchair accessible as in -roll on/off or should we plan for a day on the ship.  Fully understand weather/seas could change the ability to tender. 

33 minutes ago, PaulC29 said:

Considering a SKY PRINCESS cruise with a stop in Belize City - Curious are any tenders wheelchair accessible as in -roll on/off or should we plan for a day on the ship.  Fully understand weather/seas could change the ability to tender. 

Have never seen anyone roll on or off a tender in a wheel chair.  Usually a set of stairs you have to walk down to get to the tender.   You would probably have to be able to walk on and they could fold up the wheel chair and put it on the tender for you.

9 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I have seen wheelchairs on the local tenders used for Belize.  They rolled onto the upper level.  But I never could figure out how they get to the lower level to get off.  EM

Maybe they were able to walk off in Belize if absolutely necessary, then get back in the wheelchair once on the dock?

Princess' website says that even if you can roll onto a tender there may not be facilities a port to roll off.  And if conditions are rough Princess has the right to say it's too dangerous to try to roll on a tender.

Between not knowing if conditions will be rough and what tenders will be used on any given day in any given port  (if the they're using the tender lifeboats no one's rolling on or off), I wouldn't count on getting off the ship in any tender port if someone isn't able to get out of a wheelchair and walk on and off a tender.  The stars may align and it may work out, but I'd be prepared to potentially stay on the ship, and I wouldn't book a prepaid excursion.