Comedy cruise

vino100

7 hours ago, vino100 said:

We are set to sail on the 5 day comedy cruise on the Royal on February 25th. 
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this type of cruise. 

I can't say that I have.  I've only heard scattered reports.

The 80s cruises that Princess has held have gotten more reviews - mostly positive.  Perhaps their efforts there will translate to a positive experience for you.  I'd love to hear about it.  Please report back!

• Like 1

We sailed on a 4 day discovery cruise just before Christmas. The comedy theme was mainly all the shows. They also had adult comedy on in the rear lounge with a 18+ restriction. Language was not what you normally hear from a cruise ship entertainment 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

We sailed on a 4 day discovery cruise just before Christmas. The comedy theme was mainly all the shows. They also had adult comedy on in the rear lounge with a 18+ restriction. Language was not what you normally hear from a cruise ship entertainment 

Wow. They've haven't had adult comedy shows on Princess in many years now. I'm glad to see them slowly return. 

Of course they're not for everyone so I hope that some of the closed minded people won't stubble into one of the shows & lodge a complaint. It's not like they didn't warn people many time over what to expect before the shows began. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 3:57 AM, antsp said:

You can be openminded and still not think vulgar and crude language is acceptable. With all the words in the dictionary and "funny" people want to focus on a handful - mostly for punch lines or in daily conversation. I am not naïve enough not to know that cruise ship comedy acts are the only ones with limited vocabulary. It continues to be more prevalent in TV, Plays and Movies. I just think it is too bad "Adults" have to hear it also. I find it so unnecessary. Yes, someone is going to say that is life in todays world. How unfortunate - IMO. If you disagree - great I get it. To each his own.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bungus said:

You can be openminded and still not think vulgar and crude language is acceptable. With all the words in the dictionary and "funny" people want to focus on a handful - mostly for punch lines or in daily conversation. I am not naïve enough not to know that cruise ship comedy acts are the only ones with limited vocabulary. It continues to be more prevalent in TV, Plays and Movies. I just think it is too bad "Adults" have to hear it also. I find it so unnecessary. Yes, someone is going to say that is life in todays world. How unfortunate - IMO. If you disagree - great I get it. To each his own.

That's why they gave explicit warnings to everyone before the performance began what to expect. All the shows I attended were always packed. 

On 2/7/2023 at 4:03 AM, MissP22 said:

Wow. They've haven't had adult comedy shows on Princess in many years now. I'm glad to see them slowly return. 

Of course they're not for everyone so I hope that some of the closed minded people won't stubble into one of the shows & lodge a complaint. It's not like they didn't warn people many time over what to expect before the shows began. 

It's not a matter of being closed minded.  Most of the comedians I've seen that resort to adult language do so because their material isn't funny to begin with.  I wouldn't lodge a complaint; I would feel sorry for the person who thinks he is a comedian but is instead a foul mouthed idiot who doesn't know what comedy is.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, damiross said:

It's not a matter of being closed minded.  Most of the comedians I've seen that resort to adult language do so because their material isn't funny to begin with.  I wouldn't lodge a complaint; I would feel sorry for the person who thinks he is a comedian but is instead a foul mouthed idiot who doesn't know what comedy is.

I guess many people just differ in their opinions about that. 

Enjoy the Princess comedians. 

• 1 month later...

John Joseph was very funny and had a clever musical component as well.  The others were so so in my opinion.  
Others may have different opinions. 

Dont. sit near the front unless you want to become part of the show.  One kid did so every night and enjoyed being part of it. 

Edited by milolii
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 7:34 PM, vino100 said:

We are set to sail on the 5 day comedy cruise on the Royal on February 25th. 
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this type of cruise. 

We sailed on a 4-day comedy cruise last November. I thing that I liked is that they had an improv group as one of the acts. If you are familiar with "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" it was very similar to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vino100 said:

I thought the cruise was fantastic. We loved all the comedians and left with sore stomachs from all the laughing. We would love to do another comedy cruise. 

Thanks for reporting back for us.