Average time for tender in Cabo, please?

seventyMGB

We are doing a private charter in Cabo at 2:00, and we have priority departure off of Royal Caribbean. Just wondering what everyone's experience was in getting a number, waiting onboard, taking the tender and getting to your activity on time. Kind of worrying knowing some folks have not been able to get to shore in Cabo in under 90 minutes. Thanks in advance for all your help estimating an average tender time! 🙂 

3 hours ago, seventyMGB said:

We are doing a private charter in Cabo at 2:00, and we have priority departure off of Royal Caribbean. Just wondering what everyone's experience was in getting a number, waiting onboard, taking the tender and getting to your activity on time. Kind of worrying knowing some folks have not been able to get to shore in Cabo in under 90 minutes. Thanks in advance for all your help estimating an average tender time! 🙂 

You are asking tender time from ship to port in Cabo?  It's like 10 minutes once you are on the tender itself.  And walking off that to the end of the pier is like another 5 minutes.  I've not heard of this 90-minute thing unless that's unique to the individual ship's process and that's what you're asking about.

• Like 1

I suspect that the 90 minutes is the time from the ship's arrival time until the passenger reached shore.  

When the ship is first cleared, there is a large rush of people wanting to rush ashore.  I am never in that scrum.  I am eating breakfast and leisurely getting ready for my visit to the port (and impatiently waiting for my wife to get ready as well).  I doubt it has taken us more than 35 minutes, but that is after the rush has subsided.  20 minutes to get on the tender to wait for the tender to get filled up, and 15 minutes for the ride.  

You said you have priority, so it should not take more than 30 minutes or so.  

• Like 2

So I'll assume your priority is either by staying in a suite or paying for the Key. We were just in a suite onboard Navigator last month and the SL concierge walked us down to board the first tender...easy and quick.

• Like 1

also depends on how many other ships are in port too. On our trip on Navigator last week, it was pretty quick. We had a private tour that started at 3. Our ship started tendering at 12:30. We also were worried about getting off, so we booked a cheap excursion through the ship to get off quickly (cheaper than a suite or the key) and just walked off the dock to the port area. 

We rolled into town a little before 1pm…had enough time to find our excursion company, use the bathroom, and grab a couple drinks at one of the restaurants near the port area. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, mearsfansinboise said:

You are asking tender time from ship to port in Cabo?  It's like 10 minutes once you are on the tender itself.  And walking off that to the end of the pier is like another 5 minutes.  I've not heard of this 90-minute thing unless that's unique to the individual ship's process and that's what you're asking about.

Thanks so much! Yes, we're trying to estimate our total time to get off the ship to ensure we get to our private charter on time. Really appreciate the excellent information. 🙂

On 2/7/2023 at 6:05 PM, Mike45LC said:

I suspect that the 90 minutes is the time from the ship's arrival time until the passenger reached shore.  

When the ship is first cleared, there is a large rush of people wanting to rush ashore.  I am never in that scrum.  I am eating breakfast and leisurely getting ready for my visit to the port (and impatiently waiting for my wife to get ready as well).  I doubt it has taken us more than 35 minutes, but that is after the rush has subsided.  20 minutes to get on the tender to wait for the tender to get filled up, and 15 minutes for the ride.  

You said you have priority, so it should not take more than 30 minutes or so.   

Thanks so much for your kind reply! That helps us get a feel for how long we may have. Really appreciate your time breakdowns. 🙂

On 2/7/2023 at 11:33 PM, Ashland said:

So I'll assume your priority is either by staying in a suite or paying for the Key. We were just in a suite onboard Navigator last month and the SL concierge walked us down to board the first tender...easy and quick.

That is extremely helpful information! That's exactly right - we payed for The Key just for the expedited tender boarding.( And that The Key gives you internet connection helped make it worthwhile.) First off the ship sounds ideal to get us to our non-RCCL excursion on time. So grateful for your excellent help! 🙂 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ikirumata said:

also depends on how many other ships are in port too. On our trip on Navigator last week, it was pretty quick. We had a private tour that started at 3. Our ship started tendering at 12:30. We also were worried about getting off, so we booked a cheap excursion through the ship to get off quickly (cheaper than a suite or the key) and just walked off the dock to the port area. 

We rolled into town a little before 1pm…had enough time to find our excursion company, use the bathroom, and grab a couple drinks at one of the restaurants near the port area. 

Thanks so much! We were thinking of getting a cheap RCCL excursion at first...that's such a clever idea because it is so much cheaper than The Key. (But since we weighed our desire for the internet connect, we opted for the pricey Key.) So glad your private tour went well and y'all arrived in plenty of time. That's such a relief to know! Can't thank you enough for your info! 🙂

9 hours ago, seventyMGB said:

That is extremely helpful information! That's exactly right - we payed for The Key just for the expedited tender boarding.( And that The Key gives you internet connection helped make it worthwhile.) First off the ship sounds ideal to get us to our non-RCCL excursion on time. So grateful for your excellent help! 🙂 

Also remember to look for the Key sign at the San Pedro pier as you'll be able to check in and board with the suites. This is something I was surprised to see as I've never noticed it before.

Enjoy Navigator and don't miss the ice show...iSkate Reach For The Stars. One of the best fleetwide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Also remember to look for the Key sign at the San Pedro pier as you'll be able to check in and board with the suites. This is something I was surprised to see as I've never noticed it before.

Enjoy Navigator and don't miss the ice show...iSkate Reach For The Stars. One of the best fleetwide.

Very cool to know!!! Really appreciate all your help! Thanks so much! :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TonyB17 said:

Please forgive a newbie question.  Is Cabo always a tendering port?  I know PV, Mazatlán and Ensenada weren't the last time I was in Mexico, but that was a few years ago.  

Thank you!

Yes, Cabo is always a tender port. PV is occasionally if they have too many ships in ( true of any port if you have more ships in than you have dock space), never heard of Ensenada or Mazatlan being tender ports.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, Cabo is always a tender port. PV is occasionally if they have too many ships in ( true of any port if you have more ships in than you have dock space), never heard of Ensenada or Mazatlan being tender ports.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 12:07 AM, Ashland said:

My daughter's long-term figure skating coach was a member of the ice show on Harmony, but she says Navigator's Reach for the Stars is her very favorite show (and if she ever does another cruise contract, that's the one she wants to do).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

My daughter's long-term figure skating coach was a member of the ice show on Harmony, but she says Navigator's Reach for the Stars is her very favorite show (and if she ever does another cruise contract, that's the one she wants to do).

Very interesting....We've seen the one on Harmony...nice...but it can't compare to Navigator's.

Best of luck to her !!!