Booking A Cruise On Board.

Shocked91

2 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

See these terms on our last cruise 

574E9C70-1AED-42A9-859D-9133A2FF3E80.thumb.jpeg.580c3f3671d46443153a95c87a3e4b51.jpeg

Ah yes, not combinable with Military or Groups offers.  I went to the cabin to get my credit card and brought back down my Bluelight card, just in case; she said I couldn't have that. Fair enough, but I thought I would try.😉

13 minutes ago, Pugwash54 said:

This all sounds good news to me.

On Iona this saturday and we have been looking at Iona 35 nighter to Caribbean in Feb 2025.

Don't fancy the 10% deposit on the web site but £50 deposit sounds too good to miss.

We looked at that when we were on Arvia last month but decided upon a Britannia one this September and the Arvia repositioning cruise next March. We may well look at a similar cruise in the future.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:50 AM, binman2 said:

Have booked a few times on board when I was lucky enough to be on board on release day .I can never understand how p and o always revert booking to your TA  who then gives me a further discount and p and o giving me £50 pp obc as well and a low dep  of £50 pp .They must pay commission to TA less profit for p and o and more discount for passenger ,Shouldn't complain of they might take if off us 

I asked this question when making a booking on board Cunard (I expect P&O will have an identical policy), or rather I asked, can't you just give me the 5% discount and not pay the 8% commission to the TA? 

I was told that they work closely with their travel agent partners who do marketing on their behalf, take payments and so on and therefore can't offer a discount when booking direct. I resisted the urge to point out that I'm already marketed to, sat in front of them and ready to make a booking directly!

7 minutes ago, NavyPanda said:

I asked this question when making a booking on board Cunard (I expect P&O will have an identical policy), or rather I asked, can't you just give me the 5% discount and not pay the 8% commission to the TA? 

I was told that they work closely with their travel agent partners who do marketing on their behalf, take payments and so on and therefore can't offer a discount when booking direct. I resisted the urge to point out that I'm already marketed to, sat in front of them and ready to make a booking directly!

Cunard now don't even offer Future Cruise Deposits to UK cruisers where you just paid a deposit onboard and booked at a later date. You still got the same extra OBC as if you had booked onboard but they have stopped it since COVID to UK cruisers. Surprisingly and rather annoyingly they still allow US citizens to book FCDs.

On a recent cruise on Iona there was an announcement in the Horizon that there would be £50pp OBC extra for all cruises booked the next day. There was a long queue but worth it, added to the already generous OBC for our chosen cruise. We will always consult Horizon now before any onboard bookings.