Inside Cabins on Enchanted Princess

Scotmay

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

a lot of people actually love the sideways cabins because it appears bigger and it is actually several sq feet bigger. But I wouldn't want one because the door opens with a full view of the bed. We got upgraded once from one of those, so we never actually got to check one out.

We had one on a Royal class ship a while ago & except for what you mentioned, we thought it was better than a regular inside cabin since it had the dressing area & bathroom out of sight. 

If we were to be assigned another inside cabin, it would be OK.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Yes, but the bathroom/dressing area  is more private. When rm service is delivered they normally come all the way in but the shower area is still out of sight. 

we had room service several times on Enchanted in November, but they didn't come in. They just handed me a tray at the door.

14 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we had room service several times on Enchanted in November, but they didn't come in. They just handed me a tray at the door.

I let them in, trays are often heavy and I’d rather not risk dropping 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 11:49 AM, 1965 said:

We'll have our 1st sideways in a couple of weeks on the Ruby, then in Nov. on the Enchanted. I love hearing good things about them. ♡

Where are the inside sideways on enchantment? We had one on the crown and it was very roomy

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, Scotmay said:

Just returned from a cruise on the Enchanted. The inside cabins on this ship are ridiculously small. We did book late, but found that our cabin was pretty close to unusable. We couldn’t get an accessible cabin, as none available. My hubby uses a walker and we couldn’t even get it in the main door. I would tell everyone don’t book these cabins!  In fact I question whether I would book Princess again due to their lack of tours for the disabled and size of indoor cabins!

All cabin types have the same door - unless it is a special cabin for disabled guests.

On 2/8/2023 at 8:06 AM, Jadn13 said:

If the beds are separated, these cabins are fine. I have been in a couple Enchanted Interiors and I can see how the beds being together would be an issue. I travel with my Mom and have no issues And the sideways cabins are our new favorite…more shelving. 

Going on my first solo cruise in an interior on Enchanted sideways in March 9 and was wondering if you would recommend for a solo cruiser to have the beds split apart for more space as well???? Or is this just a recommendation for a shared cabin?

1 minute ago, bdever said:

Going on my first solo cruise in an interior on Enchanted sideways in March 9 and was wondering if you would recommend for a solo cruiser to have the beds split apart for more space as well???? Or is this just a recommendation for a shared cabin?

I am not OP but I've been in these sideways cabins before. If you really value floor space over a larger bed, have the beds split apart. It makes the room feel so much larger than it really is. And you can also use the second bed for "not sleeping purposes" (like snacking, laying some clothes on it, etc.). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

I am not OP but I've been in these sideways cabins before. If you really value floor space over a larger bed, have the beds split apart. It makes the room feel so much larger than it really is. And you can also use the second bed for "not sleeping purposes" (like snacking, laying some clothes on it, etc.). 

What a clever idea 💡 thank you 🙏🏻 & to the OP for your magnificent contribution! I love ❤️ this little gem 💎 

5 hours ago, bdever said:

What a clever idea 💡 thank you 🙏🏻 & to the OP for your magnificent contribution! I love ❤️ this little gem 💎 

5 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

I agree 100% 

It’s nice to be able to have the floor  space. I actually was able to roll out a yoga mat in between and participate in my usual online  class, that’s how much space is available when separated. 
Have Fun!!

9 hours ago, gamblinmon said:

Where are the inside sideways on enchantment? We had one on the crown and it was very roomy

Pull up the Enchanted deck plan. Start with deck 16 & scroll the cabins. The sideways are long vertically rather than horizontally like regular inside cabins. Do this for each deck. If you find one you like make sure it doesn't sleep 3 or 4, unless that's what you're wanting. Often the extra berths fold up against the wall, sticking out so that you can get a nasty head bump. 

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Pull up the Enchanted deck plan. Start with deck 16 & scroll the cabins. The sideways are long vertically rather than horizontally like regular inside cabins. Do this for each deck. If you find one you like make sure it doesn't sleep 3 or 4, unless that's what you're wanting. Often the extra berths fold up against the wall, sticking out so that you can get a nasty head bump. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I actually was able to roll out a yoga mat in between and participate in my usual online  class, that’s how much space is available when separated. 

I would have probably gone to the gym or some outside spot instead of doing yoga in the inside cabin.

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I would have probably gone to the gym or some outside spot instead of doing yoga in the inside cabin.

I did use a side gym room once but the ship gyms are notoriously HOT.
I’m not a large person so it was plenty of room.