4 night Yacht Club - Meraviglia questions

PompeySailor

Having sailed longer on Seashore and Seaside in YC, with Butler (concierge) contacting us 7-8 days before our cruise, my question is this, Does anyone contact you to ask about Liquor and other amenities for 4 night cruises ?

Totally understand if they don’t, just wanted to find out what is the norm for shorter cruises 

Thanks

Happy Days!

18 minutes ago, mnpurple said:

We just did a 10 night cruise and had no contact prior to the cruise (same with a 7 night last year). If they do contact you, I wouldn't expect preferences to be communicated and just plan to talk to your butler.

Our experiences have been different than yours, both of our 7 nighters we had communication prior to boarding and arranged a few things 

All Good 👍🏻 

Was just curious if we still get a bottle of liquor in cabin on a 4 night 

As we have chosen before we board and it is in cabin on boarding day 🍹 

YMMV

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Our experiences have been different than yours, both of our 7 nighters we had communication prior to boarding and arranged a few things 

All Good 👍🏻 

Was just curious if we still get a bottle of liquor in cabin on a 4 night 

As we have chosen before we board and it is in cabin on boarding day 🍹 

YMMV

We were on in I September I think on a 4ni and we had a small bottle. No longer are they larger bottles and the selection was cut down to basics- and not top shelf. We’re back on in a couple weeks and will Update if I remember. 

8 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

We were on in I September I think on a 4ni and we had a small bottle. No longer are they larger bottles and the selection was cut down to basics- and not top shelf. We’re back on in a couple weeks and will Update if I remember. 

Thank you, that’s what I needed to know 👍🏻

Did you select prior to boarding or on embarkation day with Butler ?

Happy Days!

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Thank you, that’s what I needed to know 👍🏻

Did you select prior to boarding or on embarkation day with Butler ?

Happy Days!

Embarkation Day. Actually my wife just reminded me that we had to specifically ask for it after day two. Not sure if it was just an oversight or maybe it’s a don’t ask don’t offer thing to save $$. I couldn’t tell you. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Embarkation Day. Actually my wife just reminded me that we had to specifically ask for it after day two. Not sure if it was just an oversight or maybe it’s a don’t ask don’t offer thing to save $$. I couldn’t tell you. 

Excellent, TY

Much appreciated 

Happy Days!

I think we are on same sailing.  We've done five and never contacted before hand. 

We did a seven day Mera then a three day on Divinia and got the bottle.  That was Sept 2021.  Mera was the old small bottles in fridge, Twix, nuts, pringles but Divinia all was limit one with big bottle of booze.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Other than having a reserved cabana, any other differences (amenities, bottles, contact prior to sailing) for those in a royal suite?

Tom

The YC Royal Suite on MSC gets no extra special treatment than a YC  inside.

Funny thing when we had the RS we actually never met our actual butler until day 5.

Enjoy the suite 

The full access to the thermal suite is a nice touch 

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Other than having a reserved cabana, any other differences (amenities, bottles, contact prior to sailing) for those in a royal suite?

Tom

On Meraviglia, you have a hot tub on the balcony, 2 separate balconies, and a total of 3 doors that lead to balcony space. 

• Like 1