7:00 AM arrival in Nassau?

Penny's Loafer

18 minutes ago, Penny's Loafer said:

Sailing on Davini on 2/12 and meeting friends in Nassau.  Can we count on departing the ship close to 7:00?

Normally it shouldn’t be a problem, however on the current sailing of the Meraviglia we had an hour and a half delay in disembarkation at Nassau. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:09 PM, Penny's Loafer said:

Sailing on Davini on 2/12 and meeting friends in Nassau.  Can we count on departing the ship close to 7:00?

You can NEVER count on the arrival time, regardless of ship, regardless of port. Weather, parking (Nassau is a busy dock and I’ve seen ships wait while other ships dock or leave. This is exacerbated if it’s windy.) and unexpected delays can impact arrival time. At least in Nassau you don’t have to tender ashore. If you’re meeting friends arrange to meet them between 8-9. FYI, passengers with paid excursions get off first. Everyone else waits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Avatar345 said:

What's good to do in Nassau on a 7:00am to 2:00pm stop?

Nassau is a bit boring TBH. But I usually walk to Junkanoo Beach. It’s an easy 10 minute walk from port and there is a beach hut there where the owner sells cold beer and conch fritters. He also has wifi. So I take a walk, enjoy a cold beer and a bite to eat, take a plunge in the water and hike back. I usually wander through the straw market as well and buy something just to leave a little foreign currency behind. 

You can also take a longer walk up to the fort. It has a nice view and the walk through town is nice. Thee used to be a cute chocolate factory en route but I haven’t been back since pre Covid so it may not still be there.

lastly, Senor Frogs is right near the dock and is a lot of fun!

I see you are there on the 14th with three other ships.  But you are the first in.  Too bad you are meeting friends early…the best entertainment in Nassau is being up on deck, fore or aft depending on how you are docked, and watching the other ships come in, do a 180 turn and back onto their slips.  EM

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Avatar345 said:

What's good to do in Nassau on a 7:00am to 2:00pm stop?

Last time we were there we chartered a boat for our group. It was very nice. We snorkeled and swam with some turtles. Really enjoyed it. I’m not sure what everyone has against this stop. 

• Like 1