Carnival shareholder OBC

patnlcc

On 3/30/2023 at 3:30 PM, MightyQuinn said:

We purchased 100 CCL shares for $2419 in April 2009.  Out of interest, I went back and added up the shareholder OBC that has been credited to our cruises since then.  We initially received $900 on HAL and another $2350 when we graduated to Seabourn.  We also have $250 credited on our upcoming Seabourn booking for a grand total of $3500 in shareholder OBC.  Of course, we spent a fair amount to purchase those cruises and our CCL shares are now only worth $879, but we have more than recouped their initial cost in OBC, without even accounting for dividends.

I totally agree with you i don't know offhand what we paid probably close to what you did but between dividends and OBC are ahead (15 cruises *250 plus the one 7 day at 100 or 125 I forget) and another $250 for our next cruise and the stock still has some value. Hopefully CCL figures out a way to become profitable and work its way out of the big debt load it carries.  

• 8 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 9:41 AM, FlyingScotSailors said:

On Monday morning we emailed our proof of Carnival stock ownership at 10:16 AM.  We received the automatic receipt response at 1:22 PM, and a confirmation of OBC at 3:42 PM.

In the past, it has generally taken 3 or 4 days for a response with the OBC. This less than 6 hour process maybe is to make up for your delays. 🤥

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tried to get the shareholder benefit applied to a forthcoming cruise and have discovered that there is now a new procedure in place.  With immediate effect you now have to upload your proof of share ownership on the StockPerks App.

They will no longer accept any faxed, emailed or hard copy proof of eligibility.

I have followed the new procedure and I am awaiting confirmation.

Interestingly they only requested my full name and e mail address.  They did not ask for the booking details of my forthcoming cruise.

I will post the result of my application as it progresses.

• Like 1

Stockperks worked pretty well for me. The portfolio confirmation took four business days to complete and then the 'redeem perk' process was completed the same day.

One thing I did to avoid having random people see my entire portfolio was to segregate my CCL shares into its own separate account at my brokerage.

I have received conformation of my Carnival shareholding by e mail.  It tells me to go the Stockperk App.to redeem the benefit and I cannot find any information on their App. to allow me to do this do this.  Can anyone advise me how to proceed. Thanks in anticipation

10 hours ago, Charleyben said:

I have received conformation of my Carnival shareholding by e mail.  It tells me to go the Stockperk App.to redeem the benefit and I cannot find any information on their App. to allow me to do this do this.  Can anyone advise me how to proceed. Thanks in anticipation

You must download the StockPerks app from App Store. You will then need to upload your proof of ownership to the StockPerks app. HTH

IMG_3504.jpeg

Thanks Tooty Jane. I have the App which acknowledges my holding of Carnival Stock.  The problem I have is when I go into Eligible Perks it tells me that there are no perks found.  This is despite an e mail telling me to go to App and download the perk.

I will have to contact them to get it sorted.

Just an update.  I received a response from Stockperk this morning telling me that they have a problem with their App.which they are currently dealing with.

They will inform me when they have resolved it and then I will be able to claim the perk.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

They recently told me that a referral credit cannot be combined with a OBC, The Stock credit can be combined with OBC.

I am not sure that I understand your post.  Referral OBC can not be combined with other Seabourn provided OBC; you will be given the higher of the two credits, not the total.  OBC from other sources, such as your travel agent, can be combined with the referral credit.  Shareholder credit can be combined with either of the other OBCs.

45 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

OBC from other sources, such as your travel agent, can be combined with the referral credit.

That’s not what we found.  Seabourn told us that the Amex provided OBC (or our TA provided OBC) could not be combined with referral credit.  Only Seabourn provided OBC can be combined with the referral credit.  It certainly reduces the value of the program (and came as a surprise - we found out only when the credits did not appear onboard).  Our TA missed it.  

Here’s the link to the terms and conditions, where it states you cannot combine the referral credit with third-party OBC:  https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/terms#referafriend

Edited by johng75370

I learned from my TA, confirmed by Seabourn, that Seabourn does not permit both a referred new guest credit (I'm new to Seabourn) and OBC provided by the TA on the same sailing but my TA wasn't certain about the shareholder credit.

It sounds as though the shareholder credit, however, can be combined with the referral credit.  Thanks all!

• Like 1

Today I was able to successfully claim my 'perk'.

I received an e mail confirmation and was told that they my claim has been sucessfully submitted to Seabourn and they would be in touch within the next five working days. Presumably to confirm that Seabourn has applied it to my account.

When I received confirmation of the eigible benefits it covered all of the Carnival Cruise Lines. I would guess that this system is being applied to all of their fleet.

I think it is safe to say that this new procedure has been adopted for Carnival's benefit and not for that of their clients.

• Like 1

Hi Charleyben,

I have just downloaded the App and claimed my perk. My email states Stockperks is reviewing my submission and will respond in two working days with the next steps.

Interestingly the application wanted to know my income (I skipped that page) but not my booking reference or sailing details!

I await with bated breath!

• 5 weeks later...