Disembarking Ovation in Seattle

emckeeve

Can you leave the ship early enough to make an 11:35 flight from SEA-TAC.  We have never been on a ship this size and am wondering how the disembarking process works.  That goes for the ports too.  If we make private tour reservations can we leave the ship anytime or would we have to wait for the ship tours to leave?

You should pick the self walk off option, just don't leave your luggage out in the hallway the night before. Likely around 7am-ish, or even before if you're lucky, to walk off. 

Ride to the airport via Uber should be around 45 min. 

Edited by seapad

Some info for you on this thread. 

You should be ok with an 11:30 flight. I live in the area, so usually take my time getting off ship, but if no issues, they usually start disembarking 0630-0700. When are you cruising? I will be on the Ovation in May, and I could pay more attention, and come back with info.

If you have a private tour, you can get off the ship whenever you want.

Edited by crzndeb

32 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Some info for you on this thread. 

You should be ok with an 11:30 flight. I live in the area, so usually take my time getting off ship, but if no issues, they usually start disembarking 0630-0700. When are you cruising? I will be on the Ovation in May, and I could pay more attention, and come back with info.

If you have a private tour, you can get off the ship whenever you want.

We're not going until July-August but we are a family of 11 all flying out in different directions the day we disembark.  It would be great to get the real scoop.  Thanks for the Lyft/Uber info!

1 hour ago, emckeeve said:

We're not going until July-August but we are a family of 11 all flying out in different directions the day we disembark.  It would be great to get the real scoop.  Thanks for the Lyft/Uber info!

I believe that private car hires, can pull up to the front. I remember seeing them. Maybe @Ferry_Watchercan verify.

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I believe that private car hires, can pull up to the front. I remember seeing them. Maybe @Ferry_Watchercan verify.

Uber/Lyft cars are directed to the shared ride lot to meet up with their passengers - there are numbered parking slots which make it very easy to locate your Uber/Lyft driver.. 

Commercial vans, shuttles, limo type vehicles are allowed to pick up passengers in the driveway area.  Buses and taxis will be on the right side as passengers exit the terminal (along with the shuttle to the shared ride lot and the paid car lot), limos, shuttles, friends and family pick up will be on the left side of the driveway.  There are plenty of pier-side staff to help direct you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@crzndeb, I see that you live in Lynnwood.  You should come work with us at Pier 91.  Nice people, usually fun!  ; )

If I keep booking these cruises, I may need to get a job again 🤣

I will be arriving on the Ovation on May 19, starting in Sydney on Mar 27…I will be the one yelling “Home Sweet Home”

I have always thought the people at Pier 91 were the nicest I’ve come across.

PS I meant Limo type cars. Wasn’t sure what to call them. 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I will be arriving on the Ovation on May 19, starting in Sydney on Mar 27…I will be the one yelling “Home Sweet Home”

Sounds like an amazing trip.  I am happy that Seattle is hosting more ships that begin or end their transpacific journey here.  Last season one of the Carnival ships sailed from Pier 91 heading to Australia.  It was a festive atmosphere with a fair number of Australians who had been traveling throughout the US and Canada ending their travels by returning home via cruise ship.  I remember just looking up at the ship, watching passengers walking along the Lido deck as they explored the ship that would be their home for the next 4 weeks.  I will get to experience that myself in September as I will be on the Westerdam when it sets sail for Japan.  It will be my first extended cruise.

If you are interested in Pier 91, look on Indeed.  (Metro)