Celebration…Square Interior vs Regular Interior

momof4girls

Can anyone that has possibly stayed in both types of rooms or at least seen both rooms comment on which is better for a couple? I was initially considering a balcony on our Celebration cruise but I feel like we’ll use our room less than our “norm” due to being on a brand new, much larger ship (with more to see and do).

Also, is the bathroom the same size in a balcony room as it is an inside room?

The bathrooms were the exact same size in an interior room, a balcony room, and a Havana cabana room when we were on Mardi Gras.

We had connecting extended balconies (which turned out to be a lot of space) but as you mentioned, we spent very little time in our rooms and felt like it was not worth it.  We have done both Mardi Gras and Celebration in various balcony rooms, but for our next trip I booked an interior (we really were only in our rooms to sleep).

I am also wondering about the square interior rooms - we are booked in one on Jubilee, and am curious how people like them.  It seems like a better space as the regular cabins are so narrow on the Excel class ships.

• Like 1

I was not fond of the square interior on the Mardi Gras.  I keep my hair dryer and accessories in the bottom drawer of the desk/vanity. When I pulled out the (extremely heavy) stool to sit on while I dried my hair in front of the mirror, there was not even enough room to open the drawer (on my right side).  The next time we sailed on the MG, we booked a premium interior.  It made a world of difference and we believe it was well worth the extra $140.  The bathrooms in the two different interior cabins were identical. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had the square interior in January and loved it.  The cabin "felt" bigger to me.  I do agree with the previous poster that the layout of the vanity (and that really heavy stool!) make it tough to have anything open while sitting there.  Lots of closet space too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DramaQueen22 said:

We had the square interior in January and loved it.  The cabin "felt" bigger to me.  I do agree with the previous poster that the layout of the vanity (and that really heavy stool!) make it tough to have anything open while sitting there.  Lots of closet space too.

This is good to hear! We're cruising on the Celebration in April. Hubby got a crazy good deal on an inside so he snagged it.  I was kinda regretting it due to seeing youtube vlogs and reports on the kind of cabin. We've stayed in all kinds of cabin Categories but this is a first for the square, which we got on deck 14. Still unsure but your comment is encouraging.

• 5 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 11:50 AM, jolyroger said:

This is good to hear! We're cruising on the Celebration in April. Hubby got a crazy good deal on an inside so he snagged it.  I was kinda regretting it due to seeing youtube vlogs and reports on the kind of cabin. We've stayed in all kinds of cabin Categories but this is a first for the square, which we got on deck 14. Still unsure but your comment is encouraging.

Jolyroger, what did you think of the square cabin on the Celebration when you went in April? We are looking at booking one rather than the long rectangular room.

I am considering this type of room as well and curious about everyone’s opinions. I’m wondering if the beds are in the same position as the rectangular rooms. We had a room once where the beds were set up differently and we rolled head to toe with the waves which was not pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 7:59 AM, Clarasgrandma said:

I am considering this type of room as well and curious about everyone’s opinions. I’m wondering if the beds are in the same position as the rectangular rooms. We had a room once where the beds were set up differently and we rolled head to toe with the waves which was not pleasant.

We did a square interior once several years ago. It seemed like more floor space. Only negative was that it back up onto elevator-so heard that noise constantly as I am a very light sleeper. Definitely check out deck plans

• Like 1