Could you hazard a guess when formal nights would be?

atmss

Good morning all,  We embark on Silver Moon within a couple of weeks and there's still no indication when formal nights will be on the planner.  The ships first night is overnight in port, followed by two sea days.  Guest relations told me a month ago it was too soon to post, surely this is no longer the case.  This is a 12 night cruise leaving from Rio - a tux and gowns with shoes/shirts/accessories etc takes up valuable space if not required.  Many thanks in advance of any replies

• Like 2

Sorry I can’t help with you but I commiserate

“Too early to post” - what a joke - were 2 days away from embarkation and there’s still nothing posted for our cruise

Some of these people just make things up and say the first plausible thing that comes into their head 

Edited by Stickman1990

Good Morning atmss - The first Formal Night was usually the 2nd Night from the start of the Cruise followed by others later in the Cruise. 

I am taking a Dawn Cruise in May and Silversea have told me the same story as you - ' Its too early ' as these decisions are now made by the Individual Ships and ' Should ' be available 2 weeks prior to Sailing.

I agree that this makes Packing difficult if the 2 week comes & goes and still no information - regrettably ' Information ' is currently Poor & Unreliable from Silversea at the moment on a number of Issues.

I hope you resolve your Query soon - Please let us know when you achieve the Information.

6 hours ago, atmss said:

Good morning all,  We embark on Silver Moon within a couple of weeks and there's still no indication when formal nights will be on the planner.  The ships first night is overnight in port, followed by two sea days.  Guest relations told me a month ago it was too soon to post, surely this is no longer the case.  This is a 12 night cruise leaving from Rio - a tux and gowns with shoes/shirts/accessories etc takes up valuable space if not required.  Many thanks in advance of any replies

As mentioned, the first formal night is virtually certain to be your second night. The other is anyone’s guest.

I really don’t understand why this this has got so difficult. None of my 3 bookings show any formal night details, with the first in 4 weeks and second  in 8 weeks.

it all makes other restaurant bookings a bit of a lottery since you may end up cancelling your reservation to attend somewhere else to dress up or vice Verda to avoid. The knock on effect is your la dame or Silver Note booking can’t be replaced and you miss out altogether.

That really is not acceptable IMHO and I honestly cannot fathom any feasible excuse that this info can’t be passed on when restaurant bookings open up.

I did ask my consultant and was told “it’s all down to the HD to decide and they won’t know until he does and if he remembers to pass on that info.

We’ll guess what… the first formal night will be night 2 and we don’t need to be a HD to predict that. Not even that is shown!

it never used to be a problem and doesn’t make sense why it is now. It might be a first work thing, but it’s certainly an important part for many and just leaves a huge question mark over why something so easy is no longer being done. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atmss said:

My first reaction was to ask: “does it matter which nights?”  There will still be two formal nights on the cruise, so you will still need Yo pack your tux and gown.  

However when I read the comments about booking speciality restaurants (not that this was your concern), I can understand the preference to know.

8 minutes ago, jssabs said:

What are the rules about satisfactory dress on formal nights.  Is a tux really required or is a blazer and tie sufficient?

This has been discussed way too much. Having gotten off the Dawn in Nov., on formal nights I worn a black Armani Sports Coat, black slacks, white shirt and a tie. In July on the Moon, I wore a dinner jacket, black slacks, white shirt and bow tie. On the Nov. trip, I just didn't want to carry the additional coat. I fit in on both trips. Don't fret over the dress code. Just have a sports coat, slacks and a tie and you will be fine- end of story, I hope!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1