Looking for an Alaskan cruise.

lucky1ns

1 hour ago, lucky1ns said:

I’m looking for an Alaskan cruise. Preferably one that sails out of Seattle. I’m looking for different ports than the average usual ones. I’d like to try something different. Anybody have any suggestions?

We did a 14 night tour of Alaska with HAL.We flew to Fairbanks and spent 7 days touring Alaska by bus and train Then we did a 7 night cruise of Alaska.It was a great trip.

• Like 1

I’m looking for an Alaskan cruise. Preferably one that sails out of Seattle. I’m looking for different ports than the average usual ones. I’d like to try something different. Anybody have any suggestions?

You will not find anything different out of Seattle, because of PVSA. If you embark or disembark out of Vancouver, you will have more options.

You might get Glacier Bay on another cruise line, but ports are still going to be some of the same.

Edited by crzndeb

I’m looking for an Alaskan cruise. Preferably one that sails out of Seattle

Having done our first Alaska cruise last May roundtrip out of Seattle, I'd look for a cruise that sails the true inside passage that departs Vancouver.  Our Seattle roundtrip seemed like a lot of open ocean and not scenic sailing.  It was on Princess not Royal, we did get Glacier bay and that was the highlight but our next one for sure will depart Vancouver, and possibly even a back to back and end in Vancouver.  

• Like 1

Hi

just my two cents…we did Alaska out of Vancouver last June and we will never again fly to or out of Vancouver it was a nightmare.  It took a hours to get on ship going in/out customs there and back.  However I have not sailed out of Seattle.

best of luck, expect long lines. 

• Like 1