Club Orange 'Special Event'.

BobbiSox

On my first cruise after Covid, I purchased Club Orange. Once onboard, I was informed there was not going to be a 'special event', as advertised. I thought this was a shabby way to treat a five star mariner in a Neptune Suite and I said so.  I complained to an officer at a party attended by the Captain, and was immediately offered compensation in the form of Pinacle lunch for two. I accepted. If they advertise something, it should be delivered, and I shouldn't have had to beg for it. I have purchased CO for my upcoming 51-day South Pacific, so we'll see how that goes. 

Edited by BobbiSox
typo
  • Like 1

I have not seen a special event since the start up nor have a heard of one.  I’ve been on the koningsdam in November 2021, March 2022 and November 2022.  Hal seems to not like to update their information.  Same thing for cabanas.  It’s not a big deal on the club orange for me.  I see enough value otherwise.

1 hour ago, BobbiSox said:

On my first cruise after Covid, I purchased Club Orange. Once onboard, I was informed there was not going to be a 'special event', as advertised. I thought this was a shabby way to treat a five star mariner in a Neptune Suite and I said so.  I complained to an officer at a party attended by the Captain, and was immediately offered compensation in the form of Pinacle lunch for two. I accepted. If they advertise something, it should be delivered, and I shouldn't have had to beg for it. I have purchased CO for my upcoming 51-day South Pacific, so we'll see how that goes. 

Is there any value purchasing CO if you are 5* and in a Neptune suite? I thought the CO benefits were already included if you are staying in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite.

• Like 3

I’ve seen a list somewhere but I can’t recall where.  The list is not impressive.  One item was a free jewelry cleaning.  Before Covid I believe they had a behind the scenes tour.  I can get my jewelry cleaned by walking into any jewelry store where I live.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

14 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Is there any value purchasing CO if you are 5* and in a Neptune suite? I thought the CO benefits were already included if you are staying in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite.

No need if you are in a Neptune Suite - it is included.  I don’t think they will let you buy it if you are in an NS.

• Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Yes there is value.  You get a decent upgrade out of it as well as a separate dining room on the pinnacle ships.  Neither of those items in a 5 star perk.

15 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

The private dinning room is awesome. They give me my table for two, they remember my mimosa with breakfast, the service is amazing but not intrusive. I love it!

Is this the same dinning (sic) room that everybody in a Neptune Suite would have access to without having to pay for Club Orange?

1 hour ago, Sea42 said:

That is exactly what I was thinking. I didn't think you would be able to purchase Club Orange if you were in a Neptune Suite as it is already included. 

Being in a Neptune suite doesn't include a private dining room. The CO has it's own dining room for CO guests who purchase it, and it's not a separate dining venue on all the ships. Maybe I dreamed the entire experience. 

9 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

Being in a Neptune suite doesn't include a private dining room. The CO has it's own dining room for CO guests who purchase it, and it's not a separate dining venue on all the ships. Maybe I dreamed the entire experience. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2019-press-releases/news-20190911-ClubOrangeExpand19.html

Note second paragraph.

• Thanks 1

The current flyer lists the onboard events as:

Invitation to a special onboard event chosen by
the ship’s Captain, such as a:
• Private Greenhouse Spa & Salon® consultation
• Complimentaryjewelrycleaning
• Coffeechatwithsomeofouronboardentertainers
https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/activity-types/dining/club-orange/Club_Orange_Benefits.pdf

Personally, I’d skip any of these even if it was offered. But hey, if that is a special event worth if for you, have at it. 

1 hour ago, BobbiSox said:

If you were really in a Neptune Suite then you would not have been able to purchase Club Orange.  All the benefits of CO are included when staying in a Neptune.  Period.

Note the reverse is not true.  Being in a Neptune Suite entitles you to Neptune Lounge access.  Also, on non-Pinnacle-class ships being in a Neptune Suite allows you to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  Neither of these benefits is included with Club Orange if not staying in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite.

• Like 1

Well it was right after Covid. Perhaps I had the CO perks because I was in the suite. I honestly don't remember if it as purchased or just added on complimentary. It was nice, either way. Sorry for the bad information and the confusion. We go on a lot of cruises. Can't remember every detail about every one for the past 25 years! 

19 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

CO restaurant is what the MDR used to be like a few years ago.  It is not an upgrade.  Also, for Neptunes, the CO concept is a downgrade.

Maybe in terms of not having the pinnacle for breakfast.  I've had both and honestly prefer club orange.  Maybe the view is slightly better in the pinnacle but only if you have a table close to the window 

Everyone on board has an opportunity to have the "free" jewelry cleaning - it is a selling opportunity for Effy.  With CO you get to "jump the queue" and go in any time you like.  The first few times we had CO we received coupons for $50 in the spa, another time DH got a coupon for $75, and another we both got $50 coupons, but only for port days.  As usual, HAL is consistently inconsistent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Everyone on board has an opportunity to have the "free" jewelry cleaning - it is a selling opportunity for Effy.  With CO you get to "jump the queue" and go in any time you like.  The first few times we had CO we received coupons for $50 in the spa, another time DH got a coupon for $75, and another we both got $50 coupons, but only for port days.  As usual, HAL is consistently inconsistent.

Ok, I got a spa coupon one time too.  I bet that may have had something to do with it.  Wow, you can plan an appointment for a cleaning.  That really is “special” 😛😉.