St Peter Port (Guernsey) - Pepper Port Ramble ??

pappy1022

In reading the destination specific boards on cruise critic, I stumbled upon the fact that the stairway identified in Regent’s description of this shore excursion, have been closed since 2020 because of a landslide caused by heavy rains. There is hope that the remediation work might be done by the end of 2023 but our cruise is in September 2023. Has anyone taken this excursion in 2021 or 2022 and if so, how was it adjusted? The route listed in Regent’s description of this shore excursion is impossible to do because of the closed section of stairs.

I think that the section of steps you are talking about are the ones going down to Soldiers Bay. They have been out of use some while now due to land slip and I’m not sure when they will reopen. As far as the cliff walk from the Pepperpot at Fermain to St Peter Port I believe that’s still open, even if not plenty of detours are available. 
A great walk looking out to Sark and Herm and on my birthday too!

Having carried out a bit of research it is the Cows Horn steps near St Peter Port that are out of use. Google it and there is an article in the Guernsey Press but it does not look like good news I’m afraid. Having said that I believe that there will be a workaround which may involve a little bit of back tracking but not insurmountable. 
Enjoy the trip.