Rental Cars Port Everglades

Yehootu

We'll be arriving from a TA into Port Everglades and want to rent a car to drive to friends house in Cape Coral. I've read about returning cars to the port although I forget what company. What's the easiest and most convenient car rental route to go? Do any companies have shuttles that come to the port?

Mahalo for any info.

The easiest way to pick up a rental vehicle is pay the twenty dollar cab fare for the short ten minute ride over to FLL. The Rental Car Center which is attached to the airport has every major rental car company at the facility. Free shuttle service from Port Everglades to FLL was discontinued approximately four plus years ago.

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Budget/Avis/Payless on 2520 Miami Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. Just outside the gate of the port, free shuttle to and from, well organized location. Can be busy with cruisers but so can be the airport.

Used them in Jan/Feb 2022.

This location used to be Thrifty/Dollar...It is indeed the closest. The OP should check out using Budget prices for this location using Costco.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, Corby114 said:

The easiest way to pick up a rental vehicle is pay the twenty dollar cab fare for the short ten minute ride over to FLL. The Rental Car Center which is attached to the airport has every major rental car company at the facility. Free shuttle service from Port Everglades to FLL was discontinued approximately four plus years ago.

I'm assuming Uber/Lyft are also options?

On 2/12/2023 at 5:03 PM, Yehootu said:

We'll be arriving from a TA into Port Everglades and want to rent a car to drive to friends house in Cape Coral. I've read about returning cars to the port although I forget what company. What's the easiest and most convenient car rental route to go? Do any companies have shuttles that come to the port?

Mahalo for any info.

On 2/15/2023 at 5:47 AM, Corby114 said:

Uber or Lyft are definite other options for the short fifteen minute ride over to FLL.

Missed the opening post? :classic_smile:

Mahalo to all for all the info. Costco has some good rates for the 2520 Miami Rd location. Saves us a ride back to the airport. 

On 2/12/2023 at 1:01 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Budget/Avis/Payless on 2520 Miami Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. Just outside the gate of the port, free shuttle to and from, well organized location. Can be busy with cruisers but so can be the airport.

Used them in Jan/Feb 2022.

Do you have to call the car rental shuttle,  or does it just continually run? It will only be the Regal princess and the Viking Star in port that am, so hopefully not to crowded.

48 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Mahalo to all for all the info. Costco has some good rates for the 2520 Miami Rd location. Saves us a ride back to the airport. 

Do you have to call the car rental shuttle,  or does it just continually run? It will only be the Regal princess and the Viking Star in port that am, so hopefully not to crowded.

IIRC the shuttle ran without calling, but perhaps passengers before us had called. It was very easy!

https://www.avis.com/en/locations/us/fl/fort-lauderdale/qf1

COUNTER: The Avis shuttle will meet passengers at the pier. If not, call location for pick-up service. The shuttle will take cruise ship passengers to the Avis office. Vehicles will need to be returned to the Avis office and then customers will be shuttled back to the pier.

https://www.budget.com/en/locations/us/fl/fort-lauderdale/ev3 has the same info.

Enjoy your trip!

4 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

IIRC the shuttle ran without calling, but perhaps passengers before us had called. It was very easy!

https://www.avis.com/en/locations/us/fl/fort-lauderdale/qf1

COUNTER: The Avis shuttle will meet passengers at the pier. If not, call location for pick-up service. The shuttle will take cruise ship passengers to the Avis office. Vehicles will need to be returned to the Avis office and then customers will be shuttled back to the pier.

https://www.budget.com/en/locations/us/fl/fort-lauderdale/ev3 has the same info.

Enjoy your trip!

Great Info! I loved Amsterdam!! First time I had been east of California. 6 weeks training in 1985 at the Folker factory on the F-28. What a fun 6 weeks, and I even passed school.😀

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 1