Celebration thermal suite

irun5k

Has anyone used the thermal suite on Celebration?  I understand there are at least a couple steam room and sauna options as well as the area with the heated loungers.  Is there also a jacuzzi of some sort?

I always used to enjoy the steam room when it was free on cruise ships so I was disappointed when Carnival and RCCL started charging.  However if there is enough value I'm considering purchasing for our upcoming cruise.  Appreciate any insight.

We were on Mardi Gras recently and the Cloud 9 thermal suite pass came with our cabin. We barely used it. Carnival sold so many thermal suite passes to non Excel suites and Spa cabins that it was unusable and always overcrowded, even on port days. 

If Celebration is anything like our experience Mardi Gras was, it will not be enjoyable at all. They definitely should put a hard limit on how many of those Spa 9 passes that they sell.

Agreed, to small. We also had a Cloud 9 cabin on Mardi Grass. The Thermal suite was always crowded. The Thermal Spa holds 6 tight. I mean you are sitting right next to each other. The hot tubs in Summer Landing are more comfortable. We opted for an extended balcony on our Celebration sailing in March.

Celebration has two steam rooms and one salt sauna room. Approx 12 tiled loungers and small pool. It was nearly empty on port days. Several spa rain showers and some regular loungers. We did not venture during sea days. It would seem small for 5000 passengers 

17 minutes ago, irun5k said:

Has anyone used the thermal suite on Celebration?  I understand there are at least a couple steam room and sauna options as well as the area with the heated loungers.  Is there also a jacuzzi of some sort?

I always used to enjoy the steam room when it was free on cruise ships so I was disappointed when Carnival and RCCL started charging.  However if there is enough value I'm considering purchasing for our upcoming cruise.  Appreciate any insight.

Within the thermal suite there's two steam rooms, an infrared sauna salt room, showers, heated tile loungers, a small whirlpool, and regular chairs (water fountains too). The setup is exactly the same as the Mardi Gras. There's a traditional sauna that's co-ed and available to everyone, even without a thermal suite pass, since it's located just beyond the locker rooms and not INSIDE the thermal suite. FYI, the locker rooms are available for all passengers to use, regardless if you have a thermal suite pass or not. The design of the Fitness Center and Spa on Excel Class ships have them separated and the locker rooms are even further removed from the gym so it's not immediately apparent that they are available to everyone.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

The setup is exactly the same as the Mardi Gras. 

Thanks for the info and it is helpful to know it is identical to Mardi Gras.  I thought it might be but sometimes they change things within the same vessel class.  There are some good YouTube tours, etc. on the thermal suite setup on Mardi Gras.

22 minutes ago, irun5k said:

Thanks for the info and it is helpful to know it is identical to Mardi Gras.  I thought it might be but sometimes they change things within the same vessel class.  There are some good YouTube tours, etc. on the thermal suite setup on Mardi Gras.

The locker room, at least on the men's side, is slightly different on the Celebration. They added an additional seating bench so more places to sit and change clothes. Otherwise exactly the same.  

Also they added some frosting to the glass door of the complementary coed sauna. The sauna is located right at the rear door entrance to the women's locker room so it can be a bit awkward if you're in the sauna and the women's locker room door opens. An easy fix for the Mardi gras. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Within the thermal suite there's two steam rooms, an infrared sauna salt room, showers, heated tile loungers, a small whirlpool, and regular chairs (water fountains too). The setup is exactly the same as the Mardi Gras. There's a traditional sauna that's co-ed and available to everyone, even without a thermal suite pass, since it's located just beyond the locker rooms and not INSIDE the thermal suite. FYI, the locker rooms are available for all passengers to use, regardless if you have a thermal suite pass or not. The design of the Fitness Center and Spa on Excel Class ships have them separated and the locker rooms are even further removed from the gym so it's not immediately apparent that they are available to everyone.  

Do the locker rooms by the sauna have showers?  

1 hour ago, bandjwayne said:

Do the locker rooms by the sauna have showers?  

Yes only 2 private stall showers, one handicapped. Unfortunately the storage lockers still have wonky locks that no one knows how to use correctly so they're always not working and the attendants can't be bothered to reset them. It was exactly the same on the MardiGras. I was on the 2nd sailing on the Celebration and already more than half of the locks on the lockers didn't work. IOW don't bring valuables to the spa locker room. I wouldn't worry about a cell phone being taken out of an unlocked locker but I wouldn't put jewelry in an unsecured spa locker. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
17 minutes ago, Donavon10 said:

Are all of the saunas coed? Even the ones you pay extra for? 

the saunas are separate, and best kept secret free access.
the paid thermal suites are mixed gender.

Edited by weezal

2 hours ago, weezal said:

the saunas are separate, and best kept secret free access.
the paid thermal suites are mixed gender.

Incorrect. There's no free separate male and female saunas on Excel Class ships-Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee. There's only one free co-ed sauna that's located behind the men's and women's locker room. 

2 hours ago, Donavon10 said:

Are all of the saunas coed? Even the ones you pay extra for? 

Yes, on the Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Jubilee. A few other ships such as the Sunrise and Radiance also only have coed saunas. Most of the remaining Carnival ships have free single sex saunas in the spa/gym locker rooms. 

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Incorrect. There's no free separate male and female saunas on Excel Class ships-Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee. There's only one free co-ed sauna that's located behind the men's and women's locker room. 

thanks for the correction. my memory is a little hazy, and i've been to the spa on both excel ships.
carnival needs to update their info

Spa / Salon
Hours: 8:00am-10:00pm
  • European-style treatments and services 
  • 2 saunas (men and women)
  • 2 locker rooms (men and women)

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7125

54 minutes ago, weezal said:

thanks for the correction. my memory is a little hazy, and i've been to the spa on both excel ships.
carnival needs to update their info

Spa / Salon
Hours: 8:00am-10:00pm
  • European-style treatments and services 
  • 2 saunas (men and women)
  • 2 locker rooms (men and women)

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7125

No worries. To jog your memory here's a photo of the free co-ed sauna on the Mardi Gras, located behind the locker rooms. This is the only free sauna (no free steam rooms) on the Excel Class ships. On the Celebration the sauna door has added frosting since this sauna is located directly at the rear door of the women's locker room. 

PXL_20210908_201745812.jpg

Edited by kwokpot