Inside to concierge for $75.00 per day?

travelloverontario

Wondering what you all think.

I currently have an inside gty on Reflection and can pay /upgrade to a concierge gty (cheaper than regular balcony) for $75.00USD per night. There are 2 of us.

Trying to decide if it is 'worth it' ( sorry).

Would I find a better use of $75.00 per day...or is a balcony its own better use?

Possible I may also get an additional $50.00 OBC.

It would be a gty either way.

It looks like a great deal but it really depends on your budget, the itinerary, and whether it would affect your ability to afford shore excursions or other add-ons for your cruise.  I have one cruise coming up where shore excursions and our pre-cruise plans have cost us so much, I wouldn't be willing to pay anything for an upgrade.

4 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

100 Can... well actually $694 cad for the 7 night cruise. Seven night Eastern Caribbean on Reflection.

We currently have Inside GTY with $200 OBC but no wifi/drinks or anything extra.

2 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

Sorry...not per person... but total for the cabin. $694 CAD total extra to go from ins gty to concierge gty.

Hard call, but y wife would do it in a heart beat, I am not allow to book inside or ov ( unless it is a moveable up and down window ) 🤣

go for it  up also you get extra points 

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

No extra points; you keep what you have.

I don't think so. This doesn't sound like a move up but rather an actual upgrade through the cruise line. Would get extra points. On the other hand, op might be better off placing a less expensive move up offer and roll the dice.

5 minutes ago, sherylc said:

I don't think so. This doesn't sound like a move up but rather an actual upgrade through the cruise line. Would get extra points. On the other hand, op might be better off placing a less expensive move up offer and roll the dice.

Yes, you are correct if it is not a Move-up!  You also have a good point too regarding taking a chance and waiting.  I guess it depends on what is available.  Anyway, hope the OP makes a good decision and everything works out well; the more choices the better.

Edited by Lastdance

Is this per person or per cabin? If for the both of you, do it immediately. Also inquire about a possible upcharge for Aqua Class.

$75 for a day of securing a veranda and some OBC are great value. You should also have some extras such as a special sailaway event and priority tender if you have some tender ports along the way.

Well after speaking with 3 reps and over 2 hours on hold (throughout 3 phone calls), seems they will honour the balcony upgrade at $80.00 CAD per day total for the 2 of us ($556 for the 7 night sailing). HOWEVER...I lose the $200.00 OBC I currently have.

Or:

An extra $100.00 CAD per night ($694.00 CAD total for the cabin) for Concierge cabin. Again...we lose the $200.00 OBC.

So Concierge would be an extra $20.00 CAD per night.

I am on hold with them now to try and get the balcony upgrade. He is 'speaking with accounting' as I write this.

Now that the balcony has become  a possibility for us, my 22 yr old daughter is REALLY wanting the balcony...and she will pay for part of the upgrade. So although your 'move up bid' is an option, I am quite unfamiliar with it and also want to make sure we get a balcony as opposed to the gamble.

Whether we go for balcony or concierge...it is GTY only. That is okay as we are currently in an INS GTY.

We just booked this cruise 3 days ago!

Will keep you posted when I am done my next hour on hold.

• Like 1

Okay...so after my 'short' hold of 58 minutes long...we are now booked in a GTY Balcony cabin.

Cost to upgrade from inside gty to balcony gty was $532  CAD.

That part I am happy with. I did lose my OBC ($200.00 USD...which came out to $269.  CAD).

So...all in all.. it is  an $801.00 CAD  difference for us. ($114 CAD per night(.

Not sure if it was as good of deal as I had originally thought (because of the loss of OBC)....BUT...we now have a balcony cabin!!!

Now...I hope for midship or aft, quiet, and unobstructed...lol

Thanks for your help  🙂

5 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

Okay...so after my 'short' hold of 58 minutes long...we are now booked in a GTY Balcony cabin.

Cost to upgrade from inside gty to balcony gty was $532  CAD.

That part I am happy with. I did lose my OBC ($200.00 USD...which came out to $269.  CAD).

So...all in all.. it is  an $801.00 CAD  difference for us. ($114 CAD per night(.

Not sure if it was as good of deal as I had originally thought (because of the loss of OBC)....BUT...we now have a balcony cabin!!!

Now...I hope for midship or aft, quiet, and unobstructed...lol

Thanks for your help  🙂

You will enjoy your balcony.    

4 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

Fresh air... sunshine.. sound of the waves...

We are excited.

I lost my 31 year old son to cancer 8 months ago, so I think the brighter room and fresh air will be good for my soul. He would have said...GO FOR THE BALCONY!!!

I hope (and expect you will) think of him and smile while you are enjoying the fresh air and views. 

17 minutes ago, travelloverontario said:

Fresh air... sunshine.. sound of the waves...

We are excited.

I lost my 31 year old son to cancer 8 months ago, so I think the brighter room and fresh air will be good for my soul. He would have said...GO FOR THE BALCONY!!!

So sorry for your loss…..we had the same experience 24 years ago. Delighted you decided on the balcony…..you and your family need every comfort now. Sending you all good wishes and hopefully the cruise will help heal your soul a little.

• Like 1

Well about an hour after I got off the phone the balcony price on the website dropped another $135 CAD total. I should have waited the extra hour before calling!!!

Now today I got a Move Up email. However, it is still showing us in an inside cabin. But here are a couple of options it gave me:

Inside to Balcony...min bid $200 pp

Inside to Family Verandah ..  min bid $270 pp

So... I wonder what my new/current move up bids may be? Maybe I should call. But...if it is the same customer service line, I really do not want to be on hold for another hour! I just want to talk with the same lady who booked my cruise to begin with... not the 'service' line.