Royal Loft Suite and Crown Loft Suite

Well, the family has bitten the bullet for our family cruise (10 people). We have two crown loft suites and two Royal loft suites (first time) on deck 17 on the Symphony of the Seas with all suites being next to each other. That said we are on a learning curve as to the best way to optimize our cruise experience thus this posting. 

First Question: Star Loft has UDP so if we order dinner to be served in our room will there be an upcharge for the CLS people, or will it be considered as a dinner party for our guests?

Second Question: We have read on previous posts that at 4:00 P.M. a bar cart will visit the Star Loft Suites. Is that still the case? 

What is the best way to utilize our Genie experience?

We are all excited and any help would be appreciated.

47 minutes ago, cruisinelmo said:

W

First Question: Star Loft has UDP so if we order dinner to be served in our room will there be an upcharge for the CLS people, or will it be considered as a dinner party for our guests?

CLS will not be able to participate in in specialty dinning (room or restaurant) unless they purchase UDP.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinelmo said:

Well, the family has bitten the bullet for our family cruise (10 people). We have two crown loft suites and two Royal loft suites (first time) on deck 17 on the Symphony of the Seas with all suites being next to each other. That said we are on a learning curve as to the best way to optimize our cruise experience thus this posting. 

Second Question: We have read on previous posts that at 4:00 P.M. a bar cart will visit the Star Loft Suites. Is that still the case? 

If you want non star class guests to join you, the genie will ask you to buy the UDP for them.  Just do that and they will handle reservations or in room dining for your whole party all cruise long.  

We have stayed in the crown loft suites (twice) on Symphony and last month had the Royal Loft suite on Odyssey. Loved both of those cabins!!

We loved the star class experience and our genie was great (again, this was on Odyssey so it's possible that things are done a little differently on Symphony). Every day we had breakfast (and Starbucks coffee) delivered to our suite, and every afternoon we had snacks and cocktails delivered. In our case, it was WAY more food than we could ever eat (definitely felt wasteful) but we were travelling alone so we had nobody else to help us eat the snacks! There were usually 2 cocktails, sometimes 4. (Of course, we had no problem drinking those everyday!!!) We even told our genie to "cut back" on the food they were delivering because we couldn't eat it all, but i don't think they really did. If we asked for a bagel at breakfast they sent 3 bagels. If they delivered sandwiches for an afternoon snack, there were 4 huge sandwiches on the plate. All that to say - i'm sure with 2 star class suites they're going to give you so much food in the afternoons/happy hour time that i'm sure you'll have enough to share with your crown loft people (not sure about the alcohol).

But, as far as meals go, i agree with the op above - you're not going to be able to serve a full meal to the CL guests unless they purchase the UDP; if they do, i would imagine that the genie would be happy to provide service to everybody in the suites.

And remember - the genie is being paid to take care of TWO star class suites, not 4 suites...so, if he/she does help you with the other suite guests - be sure to tip accordingly! 🙂

One other observation: we LOVED the location of the suites on Symphony!! The whole 17th deck was suites, right off the elevators and right next to Coastal Kitchen. Easy access in the middle of the ship.

On Odyssey, the Star Class suites were all aft suites, so all the way at the back, with a LONG walk from the elevators to the back. We love the aft balcony experience, but it was definitely a hike every time we came and went from our cabin. (Odyssey only has 2 elevators, and no stairs near the back either....) Maybe that's why i didn't gain any weight on this cruise, even tho there was food in front of me all day, every day! 🙂

2 hours ago, cruisinelmo said:

More out of curiosity, you have two Royal Lofts or did you mean two Star Lofts Suites?  

It depends on the Genie but as others have said the others in your party should get the UDP.

We have not seen the bar cart for some time.  The Genie can arrange for drinks to be brought to you cabin though.

The use of What's App while on the ship gives you a great way to communicate with the Genie on board.  We find this a great way to communicate through out the day.  We preplan our cruise, so that with our Genie's first direct email they can start to plan out our cruise.  What time of drinks we want in the cabin, snacks, meals and time we prefer to dine, etc...  The only dining experience we pay for in advance is Hibachi as there is limited seating.  It gets refunded while on the ship.

No doubt that you are excited and will have a blast.

Like @A&L_Ont asked, are they Royal lofts? We ask, because it seems like a waste of space for 10 people. RLS sleeps 6 each, and the CLS sleeps 4. Even without utilizing the couches, the bedrooms would sleep up to 12. 

The Genie will take care of all of you as one. I would try not to ask for individual attention for those staying in the crown lofts, but adding them to group activities should not be a problem at all. Like others said, they should have the UDP. Getting drinks for them in suite should not be a problem. I don't think the bar cart made it through covid, but the genie will have whatever drinks you want delivered whenever you want. It's best to put the order in advance, or have a standing order(s). Last minute orders can take an hour or more.

2 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Like @A&L_Ont asked, are they Royal lofts? We ask, because it seems like a waste of space for 10 people. RLS sleeps 6 each, and the CLS sleeps 4. Even without utilizing the couches, the bedrooms would sleep up to 12. 

I think they meant to say Star Lofts in the beginning, as there is only one Royal Loft on Symphony.  They are also side by side, unlike the RLS which has CLS on either side of it.  Later in their first post they noted 2 Star Lofts, which can hold 4 in each one.  I think their excitement of the first time in Star Class might have lead to the small mistake.  Cant fault them for that at all.🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

The Genie will take care of all of you as one. I would try not to ask for individual attention for those staying in the crown lofts, but adding them to group activities should not be a problem at all. Like others said, they should have the UDP. Getting drinks for them in suite should not be a problem. I don't think the bar cart made it through covid, but the genie will have whatever drinks you want delivered whenever you want. It's best to put the order in advance, or have a standing order(s). Last minute orders can take an hour or more.

I'm assuming the 10 people don't really like each other and need their space..........Go Big or stay home I guess?

• Haha 1

WOW sure getting a lot of good advice; you confirmed what we thought would happen meaning the crown loft guests will have to get the UDP. Of course, everyone in the family will have the beverage package so that won't be a problem. Concerning the beverage cart, at this point I am assuming it was a pre covid event which probably was not continued after covid. Concerning the Royal Loft suite, you are correct there is only one on deck 17 but the crown loft suite is an adjoining room to the Royal loft suite so if you book that room for a family member then they will receive the benefits of a Star Loft Suite (royal Genie, UDP etc.). From various post I have read I believe galley tours and backstage tours have started after covid. Keep the suggestions of how best to utilize the Genie coming. THANKS in advance.

45 minutes ago, cruisinelmo said:

WOW sure getting a lot of good advice; you confirmed what we thought would happen meaning the crown loft guests will have to get the UDP. Of course, everyone in the family will have the beverage package so that won't be a problem. Concerning the beverage cart, at this point I am assuming it was a pre covid event which probably was not continued after covid. Concerning the Royal Loft suite, you are correct there is only one on deck 17 but the crown loft suite is an adjoining room to the Royal loft suite so if you book that room for a family member then they will receive the benefits of a Star Loft Suite (royal Genie, UDP etc.). From various post I have read I believe galley tours and backstage tours have started after covid. Keep the suggestions of how best to utilize the Genie coming. THANKS in advance.

The bar cart was lame anyhow IMO.  It was a very limited menu and that was it.  Just ask the genie to send whatever drinks you want if you need something.  But do it ahead.  On our last SC cruise we asked for some Baileys one day and an hour later nothing.  Room service isn’t always perfect even for SC.  

My best advice is to explain all your preferences pre cruise via email after the genie emails you.   Tell them what you want stocked in your cabin.  We said to never let us run out of a few different types of beers and we always had plenty in our room.   Just ask for things you want or need.  Don’t try to one up the last SC person.  You may set yourself up for a let down.   So I suggest ask for what you want clearly and if it is reasonable I’m sure all or most asks will be accommodated.   Most importantly don’t stress.  That is why you are going SC, to have a genie and not have the stress.  Feels like too many folks want to see if they can ask for the moon and out SC others.   Then their expectations are sky high and they stress.   Just relax and enjoy the perks your group prefers or wants.  We don’t ask for anything crazy and simply ask for things that make us happy, not what others have apparently done.  

We’ve done several SC cruises and all were great.  Just enjoy the experience and don’t fret over things.  Let the genie do that for you.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisinelmo said:

Concerning the Royal Loft suite, you are correct there is only one on deck 17 but the crown loft suite is an adjoining room to the Royal loft suite so if you book that room for a family member then they will receive the benefits of a Star Loft Suite (royal Genie, UDP etc.)

I'm really not sure that this is true. I would triple check that. If you look at the Harr video review of the RLS, he specifically mentions that the CLS does not get Star benefits.

So what rooms do you have? A royal, a star and two crowns?

'm really not sure that this is true. I would triple check that. If you look at the Harr video review of the RLS, he specifically mentions that the CLS does not get Star benefits.

So what rooms do you have? A royal, a star and two crowns?

I've seen the Harr video but the room in question we booked for our daughter who contacted Royal Carribean to give them their crown and anchor number. During the conversation the RCCL sales rep told her their suite would also include the Star amenities. I have a royal suite 1744 and our daughter has the connecting suite 1742. As we get closer to sailing time we will check again.