Dream Question

Sarcastic Mama

Are they magnetic?

I would hope not. Can you just imagine walking by the door and your jewelry flying off and attaching to the door. Or, what about piercings? Ouch.

Now, are the doors made of a material that one could attach a magnet to? Yes, I believe so.

7 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Are they magnetic?

I would hope not. Can you just imagine walking by the door and your jewelry flying off and attaching to the door. Or, what about piercings? Ouch.

Now, are the doors made of a material that one could attach a magnet to? Yes, I believe so.

Ladies, if your ring or tennis bracelet is attracted to a magnet then you need to have a stern conversation with your jeweler.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

My understanding is that command strips are not allowed to be used.

They worked fine and left no residue or marks on the door.  I understood that you couldn't use regular tape or anything that does leave a residue 🤷‍♀️  The doors are metal but my magnets wouldn't work

Command strips are in fact allowed.

DECORATING YOUR STATEROOM DOOR AND STATEROOM

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

In the interest of guest and crew safety, the following stateroom decoration policies will be instituted and strictly enforced:

• Decorations may consist only of fire retardant materials. Please note that items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable
  • Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings
  • You may use magnets or Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue.
  • Over-the-door hanging organizers must hang inside the stateroom, must also be of fire retardant material and cannot damage the door
  • No decorations of any kind are allowed on balconies
  • No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite
  • No string lights of any kind are allowed
  • Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
20 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

Command strips are in fact allowed

Used Command strips every cruise without any problems. Tack it up, pull it off. Nice and clean. No comment on the string of lights 🤐

Edited by BasicSailor