Cruise planner sale?

latebuyer

13 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I’m just wondering if in the spring there is any day where cruiseplanner items go on sale? Our ship had a pre black friday 35% off but there is something i wished i booked but didn’t.

What @ticketsunlimited said. And, in fact, there's one running right now.

But with Royal you should never pay any attention to the %off figure because they use fuzzy figures. Look only at the bottom line. Often you'll get a cheaper price with 25% off than you will with 35% off...

• Like 1

Sorry the 35% off was a very good deal as i can see how high the prices are now. In one case the excursion i booked is 120 more now. I want to book a taku lodge flight excursion and it was definitely 35% cheaper then it is now.I missed the boat.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Sorry the 35% off was a very good deal as i can see how high the prices are now. In one case the excursion i booked is 120 more now. I want to book a taku lodge flight excursion and it was definitely 35% cheaper then it is now.I missed the boat.

That's unfortunate 😕. This past BF sale was one of the few times when I've seen some genuine bargains on a cruise planner sale.

Since the excursion you're looking at was so heavily discounted then, I'd guess that was one of those great and unrepeatable bargains (I nabbed a few for my own cruise), so if it's one you really, really want to do and your budget allows, you'd be best to go ahead and book it now. If it comes down in price between now and your cruise, you can cancel and rebook at the cheaper price.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That's unfortunate 😕. This past BF sale was one of the few times when I've seen some genuine bargains on a cruise planner sale.

Since the excursion you're looking at was so heavily discounted then, I'd guess that was one of those great and unrepeatable bargains (I nabbed a few for my own cruise), so if it's one you really, really want to do and your budget allows, you'd be best to go ahead and book it now. If it comes down in price between now and your cruise, you can cancel and rebook at the cheaper price.

Thanks. People who weren't offered that sale don't realize how good it was. It was definitely a real flash sale and hard to make decisions in the moment. However i should have booked it knowing i could cancel it later.

• Like 2

I don't remember the exact cost of the taku glacier lodge at the time. I know right now its over 600 canadian. However i do know i paid 172 canadian for the deadliest catch tour and it is now close to 300.00 canadian😬 I think i know when i've got a good price.

Great to know march is a possibility!

• Like 1

Just to add i agree with people that you should focus on the price and not sale. I see taku lodge is 15% off but 736.00 which is more than it was! As an aside americans have no idea how lucky they are that they are paying in american dollars and not canadian dollars. Sales just really help with the exchange rate.