Cancelled cruise coming off Personalizer and App.

kayelbee

Yesterday I cancelled my cruise, which I had secured with a £100 deposit and rebooked the exact same cruise and cabin with the free upgrade from Princess Plus to Premier.

This was done over the phone direct with Princess.

I am now unable to link my new cruise details to the app and Personalizer.

Does anyone have any idea when the old details will be deleted from the app etc.

Weirdly I have managed, with a link from Chat, to get myself in the green lane with the new details but it's really glitchy.

It’s always required divine (😉) intervention to get the app straight when we’ve done something like this. In my experience, it won’t come off automatically. I’ve had to call in and go through the long hold thing to be able to anything on the app after a change like that. The app also has huge issues with booking B2B cruises, and then dropping one of them at the beginning. It just stays broke until someone at Princess manually does something. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kayelbee said:

Yesterday I cancelled my cruise, which I had secured with a £100 deposit and rebooked the exact same cruise and cabin with the free upgrade from Princess Plus to Premier.

This was done over the phone direct with Princess.

I am now unable to link my new cruise details to the app and Personalizer.

Does anyone have any idea when the old details will be deleted from the app etc.

Weirdly I have managed, with a link from Chat, to get myself in the green lane with the new details but it's really glitchy.

Don’t rush it.  Never try to link a booking. It’s a link that is not functional, although it can confuse things.  Never register again either.

It takes a couple of days to populate…by itself.  Recheck the App again tmrw.

Don’t call in, Don’t chat.  The more you mess with it, the more problems that may arrive.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3

I cancelled a cruise on Saturday and then rebooked the same cruise (lower price, different category). I had errors for 48 hours. When I went to put my new Booking # into the app, it said it was already claimed. Web didn't work either.

On Monday - it had resolved itself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

I cancelled a cruise on Saturday and then rebooked the same cruise (lower price, different category). I had errors for 48 hours. When I went to put my new Booking # into the app, it said it was already claimed. Web didn't work either.

On Monday - it had resolved itself.

Yes, it takes a couple of days to populate.

The problem now, is people try to make it link, call and have people messing with it and it just doesn’t work.  Sometimes, creating more problems.

• Like 2

Thanks to those who have taken the time and trouble answering my question.

For your information the correct/new cruise details are showing on my Personalizer and I'm all sorted.

It took about one and a half days for this to sort it's self out without anything being done by me.

1 minute ago, kayelbee said:

Thanks to those who have taken the time and trouble answering my question.

For your information the correct/new cruise details are showing on my Personalizer and I'm all sorted.

It took about one and a half days for this to sort it's self out without anything being done by me.

That’s the way it has been working.

Thanks for giving feedback.