Reservations for speciality restaurants and shows

maggieq

2 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We’ve only been on one ncl cruise - encore TA 11/2019.  For that cruise, we could make restaurant reservations by calling ncl but entertainment had to be reserved onboard.  Is that still the process?  Thanks!

Dining reservations can be made online 120 days prior to departure (130 days for Haven, 125 for Club Balcony and top tier latitudes). You need to make those reservations exactly 120 days prior to departure (12 midnight eastern time) for best selections. They will sell out quickly. 

Show reservations can be made 21 days prior to departure (26 days for Haven and top tier latitudes) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Dining reservations can be made online 120 days prior to departure (130 days for Haven, 125 for Club Balcony and top tier latitudes). You need to make those reservations exactly 120 days prior to departure (12 midnight eastern time) for best selections. They will sell out quickly. 

Show reservations can be made 21 days prior to departure (26 days for Haven and top tier latitudes) 

Do you know what time reservations open on the 120th day? I cannot remember for the life of me if it was 12:00am, 6:30am (EST) or something else completely.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

Do you know what time reservations open on the 120th day? I cannot remember for the life of me if it was 12:00am, 6:30am (EST) or something else completely.

In the post that you quoted, it said midnight which is 12 am eastern time. Wasn't that clear?

32 minutes ago, GALSews said:

Nor was the thermal spa on the Prima. PCC said she would check for us daily.

We purchased our Thermal Suite pass for our December 2022 Prima cruise in advance (a few weeks before departure)

Edited by BirdTravels

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We purchased our Thermal Suite pass for our December 2022 Prima cruise in advance (a few weeks before departure)

I figure it will eventually get posted. The thing is why prior to the day that is final payment they say, come back on the final payment day, giving the date, and after that day say "Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board.."?  Why not just say Please check back later? Their message before final payment sets an expectation.

42 minutes ago, GALSews said:

I figure it will eventually get posted. The thing is why prior to the day that is final payment they say, come back on the final payment day, giving the date, and after that day say "Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board.."?  Why not just say Please check back later? Their message before final payment sets an expectation.

On our cruise, Thermal Suite passes were available online for a while, then were unavailable again. We normally book in advance to avoiding having a lot of "busy work" to do on embarkation day. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

On our cruise, Thermal Suite passes were available online for a while, then were unavailable again. We normally book in advance to avoiding having a lot of "busy work" to do on embarkation day. 

There is that. Our first stop used to be the spa and then dining reservation. Online booking is much easier.  Also, booking online saves a few bucks on the spa.

27 minutes ago, blivey said:

We are on the Getaway April 17. There are 4 of us ( two couples). This is our first time with specialty dining included. Can one couple make reservations for four? Or, do we reserve individually? 

book a table for four.  They will handle the charges when you arrive at the restaurant.

29 minutes ago, blivey said:

We are on the Getaway April 17. There are 4 of us ( two couples). This is our first time with specialty dining included. Can one couple make reservations for four? Or, do we reserve individually? 

You want one person to make the reservation so that you get a 4-top for your party.(You do not want two reservations for 2-top tables on opposite sides of the restaurant). 

The person making the reservations need to be ready exactly 120 days prior to departure, 12 midnight eastern time, to log on and make the reservation (130 days for Haven and Suite guests, 125 for Club Balcony rooms and top-tier Latitudes members). 

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed on the Joy  Didnt know about booking ahead for restaurants and entertainment.  Some restaurants were all booked  i.e. Oceanside, Cagney's but others were still open. We chose La Cucina  We managed to get open slots for our entertainment choices-  Unfortunately we slept through the comedy show and missed it and Footloose was cancelled.  We were able to get in to Elements. So I would say its more important for your restaurant of choice, we just didnt know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 7:29 PM, BirdTravels said:

Haven't been on NCL in many years but booked on Jade in May.  Reservations for shows?  Can you explain that?

6 minutes ago, emckeeve said:

Haven't been on NCL in many years but booked on Jade in May.  Reservations for shows?  Can you explain that?

At least on the bigger ships (not the Jade) the theaters can't hold enough people to allow all passengers to see the shows, even with 4 performances (only 900 seats in the theater on a ship with 4,000 passengers) so reservations are needed.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:26 AM, BirdTravels said:

You want one person to make the reservation so that you get a 4-top for your party.(You do not want two reservations for 2-top tables on opposite sides of the restaurant). 

The person making the reservations need to be ready exactly 120 days prior to departure, 12 midnight eastern time, to log on and make the reservation (130 days for Haven and Suite guests, 125 for Club Balcony rooms and top-tier Latitudes members). 

That is my question as well.   We are traveling with my father and have two specialty dinners.  I have been put in charge of all of those reservations.  I am hoping with a smaller party of three and with a later dining time (730-8pm) we might stand a better chance.  

1 hour ago, hallux said:

At least on the bigger ships (not the Jade) the theaters can't hold enough people to allow all passengers to see the shows, even with 4 performances (only 900 seats in the theater on a ship with 4,000 passengers) so reservations are needed.

Thanks for the clairification.

6 hours ago, sharonann24 said:

That is my question as well.   We are traveling with my father and have two specialty dinners.  I have been put in charge of all of those reservations.  I am hoping with a smaller party of three and with a later dining time (730-8pm) we might stand a better chance.  

You won’t be able to get a reservation for 3. Book for 4 instead.

We have not been on the NCL. Can you suggest which special restaurants are worth making reservations at? We are interested in steaks and seafood as we can get that in the Haven restaurant. Would like to eat food not available in the Haven dining.

5 minutes ago, westcoastmom said:

We have not been on the NCL. Can you suggest which special restaurants are worth making reservations at? We are interested in steaks and seafood as we can get that in the Haven restaurant. Would like to eat food not available in the Haven dining.

Which ship will you be on as there are differences as to which restaurants are on the ship?

Cagney's is on a lot of the ships.

Where you can find Cagney's Steakhouse:

Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Encore, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Star, Norwegian Viva and Pride of America

Seafood restaurants are Ocean Blue which is on Norwegian Encore, Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway,  Bayamo which is on Escape, and Palomar which is on Prima and will be on Viva once she sets sail.

This link lists the various types and food from which you can see the desired restaurants.

www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining/