Sanctuary Seating - Caribbean Princess - Partial Transit

So_Tweetie

Looking for feedback from anyone who has reserved Sanctuary seating during a partial transit Panama Canal cruise (on Caribbean Princess). I sailed on Coral Princess for a full transit and lucked out beyond belief that they gave me a cabana to myself for the same price as a single lounger for the entire sailing, including Panama Canal day, and that experience was unquestionably worth the price. Does Princess do a special experience for partial transit, and would you recommend it on the Caribbean Princess? We sail in four days so thanks for any input! It will determine whether I sprint straight there or not 😅🛳

33 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Be aware that Caribbean Princess will transit the new locks whereas your cruise on Coral Princess went through the old locks.

Yes, I've read in many places that people consider the new locks "boring" compared to the old, so that's another reason I would like to hear from people that have done it. My luck in having a cabana last time protected me from the rain and I'm wondering if that'll be an issue on a regular seat as well. Thank you!

Edited by So_Tweetie

19 minutes ago, So_Tweetie said:

Yes, I've read in many places that people consider the new locks "boring" compared to the old, so that's another reason I would like to hear from people that have done it. My luck in having a cabana last time protected me from the rain and I'm wondering if that'll be an issue on a regular seat as well. Thank you!

We've done a full transit of both sets of locks. Both were fine - just different. I prefer the old locks but that's because we sailed on Coral Princess and we have a favorite cabin on that ship.

• Like 1

I have not been in the sanctuary, but from pictures on cruisedeckplans you would not see any of the locks and activity from a lounger, much less a cabana.  And you would want one on starboard side because that is where the activity is going thru Agua Clara locks into Gatun Lake.  If you are doing an excursion, you would be leaving the ship in Gatun Lake and not rejoining the ship until it gets to Colon/Cristobal.  So maybe three hours use, not seeing much?  Standing at the railing to see anything.  CB in Agua Clara locks yesterday:

7283ADB1-8179-41C0-ADF6-E476FBBC186B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have not been in the sanctuary, but from pictures on cruisedeckplans you would not see any of the locks and activity from a lounger, much less a cabana.  And you would want one on starboard side because that is where the activity is going thru Agua Clara locks into Gatun Lake.  If you are doing an excursion, you would be leaving the ship in Gatun Lake and not rejoining the ship until it gets to Colon/Cristobal.  So maybe three hours use, not seeing much?  Standing at the railing to see anything.  CB in Agua Clara locks yesterday:

7283ADB1-8179-41C0-ADF6-E476FBBC186B.jpeg

Thank you for the helpful feedback!