Which Balcony Rooms have Lower berths or Sofabeds (Royal Princess)?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

Looking at an Alaskan cruise for May and we will be with our 4 year old son who cannot sleep in a high pullman bed since he is still too young to be that high.

Do the regular balcony rooms have lower beds or do we need a deluxe balcony for the sofa bed?

Also, any balcony rooms to avoid on the Royal? We were looking at the Emerald Deck and trying to figure out if the obstructed view ones are worth the lower price.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you select a cabin during booking for either 3 or 4 people you should only be shown those possibilities.  Once past that point you can click on the categories and see the actual layouts.

Thank you. Yes, I was trying to do that (on another retailer site) but it wasn't very clear. I will try Princess's website too. 

From what I gathered, it would have to be a deluxe balcony room...

2 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Thank you. Yes, I was trying to do that (on another retailer site) but it wasn't very clear. I will try Princess's website too. 

From what I gathered, it would have to be a deluxe balcony room...

Always best to go "straight to the source"! 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Also, any balcony rooms to avoid on the Royal? We were looking at the Emerald Deck and trying to figure out if the obstructed view ones are worth the lower price.

If you have any concern about noise, look at the Promenade deck plan in relation to any Emerald deck cabins you’re considering; there are multiple entertainment venues on 7.  

Edited by Sailin Gal
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello:

Looking at an Alaskan cruise for May and we will be with our 4 year old son who cannot sleep in a high pullman bed since he is still too young to be that high.

Do the regular balcony rooms have lower beds or do we need a deluxe balcony for the sofa bed?

Thanks!

Standard balcony cabins (B category) only have Pullman berths for 3rd or 4th passengers.

If you want a sofa bed/lower berth, Deluxe Balcony cabin is it.

We love Emerald Deck "obstructed" view Deluxe Balcony cabins as they're less expensive, the obstruction is very minimal and you're only a deck off the main atrium/Promenade, etc..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Do the regular balcony rooms have lower beds or do we need a deluxe balcony for the sofa bed?"

Standard balcony category cabins have an upper berth that lowers from the ceiling. You have to book a deluxe balcony, mini suite or full suite to get a lower 3rd berth.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

We had the front Obstructed balconies M or L103,101, 102, 104 that area. They have extra large balconies - great for the little one. The balcony is not glass so you cannot see through it, but that didn't bother us. Can be windy if you are standing up and the ship is moving, but if you are sitting it is fine.  It is at one end of the ahop, so can involve a lot of walking, but helps get thise steps in. We really liked that location and I think it would be great with the little one. BTW these are Deluxe Obstructed balconies.

• Like 1