Mco flight

Harrisonkid

That’s a bit dangerous. MCO security is notoriously slow, even with Pre or Clear. 

It’s about an hour on the road from Canaveral to MCO.. You need to hope you dock on time and clear customs, take your own bags ashore, grab the first taxi, don’t check bags, hope for a short line, or have access to a first class line, hope security isn’t delayed, and don’t stop until you get to the gate area.  

I would NOT try it with children under 14.

Safe travels!

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 5:39 PM, Harrisonkid said:

I got a shot at a 11:10 am direct flight . Is that doable from Port Canaveral after a cruise disembarking on a Friday ? Next direct is 630 pm

We made a 10:15 on SW in January. Did self assist, had transportation lined up and had TSA pre check.

possible

maybe as high as 75% probable

but it may activate the stress-o-meter ......

one hiccup and forgetaboutit ... example, there's really just one road from the port to the airport with limted places to get on/off 'tween the two. One accident can close this road (2 lanes each direction) for hours ..... happens about once a month ..... IF you can get to an alternate that will easily add 30+ minutes to the trip ... probably a lot more.

check the port load for your date https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Jan-May-2023.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

example: this Friday is 3 ships and not all BIG so the port load / folks heading in and out of the port and airport is "normal" ... but some days have 4 or 5 or even 6 with several BIG ONES and then things can get crazy FAST

<they previously put passenger counts on the spreadsheet but I think that scared folks so they don't do that anymore ... so you need to know your ships or do a lil research to know HOW MANY heads will be possible>

2 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

So if an 11 am won't work..then what is the earliest I should plan for ?

Not before noon but check with your cruise line.  Your travel insurance requires you follow the cruise line's recommendation flight times  in case there is an insured incident