Anyone request a specific cabin that is not showing, but is actually available?

Wishing on a star

Is this not something that Princess will want to do?

There are times when a cabin you want is not showing for your cruise, but is still available.

Maybe it is held for 3 or more guests, or being held for other reasons.

I wonder if this would be an even same-category transfer, if the TA would need to do this, or if I should try wait until I can get somebody at Princess.

Which I think could take some time, as it is Saturday morning!

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

There are times when a cabin you want is not showing for your cruise, but is still available.

I wonder if this would be an even same-category transfer, if the TA would need to do this, or if I should try wait until I can get somebody at Princess.

If you have a TA, you’d need to check with them in Monday.  Send an email to them today.  
Various reasons. Is it part of a cruise, that technically is also sold as a b2b?

Sometimes they hold cabins for different portions of the cruise some for the full length, connecting cabins, 3/4 guests, quarantine, crew or special invited guests, etc.

You can tell if it’s the same category as you’ve paid, by looking at the deck plans.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes!  I wanted  Lido Deck balcony last fall for a May 2023 cruise. Nothing availble,only guarantee. Emailed my Princess PVP and told her i would take xx cabin but what I really wanted was a balcony on Lido. She emailed back with several to choose from including a deluxe balcony which seems almost impossible to book these days. I did not ask why they were showing as unavailable, but happily got a cabin I wanted!

• Like 1

Yesterday I was preparing to reserve an Emerald deck obstructed balcony on the Royal,  when the website suddenly posted that  "cabins are no longer available in this section ". I emailed my Princess CVP, and she was able to book the exact cabin I requested. 

• Like 1

If it's a cruise that can be booked in different lengths, then cabins will be held for the different segments.  I've been able to contact my pvp and get the cabin I wanted even though it only showed available on a different length than I was booking.  

Before I book my cabin, I usually look at the Princess website and see what they have available.  Next, I will go to my TA's website and look at theirs.  If I find the cabin I want on the Princess website and it is not showing on my TA's site, I tell them I found the cabin I wanted on the Princess website and they will call Princess.  I have never had a problem getting the cabin I want.

Thank you!

I think the cabins that I want are only showing for a longer back-to-back itinerary.

I do have some hope, now, that we might be able to move to one of them.

We shall see!

I haven't contacted our TA yet.  (she seems good, especially compared to our AWOL princess planner)

Seems the Princess web-site has been troublesome today!

If it not shown on Princess website, I’m always concern that CVP or TA may double book that cabin. Just a thought. I could be wrong. I always question why some decks show “Reserved a Guaranteed Stateroom”. Are these decks actually full?

Edited by DHP1

I wanted a Premium Deluxe Balcony for my Discovery cruise for both the sofa and the XL balcony.  They showed up on the Princess website as only available to book for 3.  After some lengthy discussions with Princess my TA was able to book us in the cabin I wanted.

It seems that some categories such as the Premium Deluxe balconies are guaranteed only even when there are many cabins available if you search for 3 verses 2 in a cabin because of course they would rather have 3 in the cabin.  It makes no sense since all Premium Deluxe balconies sleep 3 and Mini Suites also sleep 3 since they have the sleeper sofa and they seem to be available to book for 2.