DINING ROOM

harrtchr

DINING ROOM

For those of you who have been frequent flyers with Royal, you know that the evening menu always included a half dozen or so of familiar, popular items (same ones every night:  Salmon, escargot,chicken breast, plus some others) that you could rely on if main menu for the night held nothing to your liking.

I now understand that that feature has been done away with, no perennial favorites every night.

Has anyone here sailed Royal since that change and have any reactions to it, positive or negative experiences, willingness on the part of Royal to accommodate  special requests if the evening menu is blah?

We've eaten all our dinners in MDR on all 49 of our cruises, and have never ordered any of the "classic"(?) items.  We've enjoyed the variety on the main daily menus, and always found things we liked.

Our first cruise with the new menus is in three weeks. I don't see any problems with what I've seen of those options.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, harrtchr said:

DINING ROOM

For those of you who have been frequent flyers with Royal, you know that the evening menu always included a half dozen or so of familiar, popular items (same ones every night:  Salmon, escargot,chicken breast, plus some others) that you could rely on if main menu for the night held nothing to your liking.

I now understand that that feature has been done away with, no perennial favorites every night.

Has anyone here sailed Royal since that change and have any reactions to it, positive or negative experiences, willingness on the part of Royal to accommodate  special requests if the evening menu is blah?

I have.

Negative.  Fewer choices.  No flexibility.  Cold food.  Apologetic staff just trying to do their jobs, while being squeezed from above and below.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, harrtchr said:

DINING ROOM

Sailed on the 2/3/23 Anthem trip with new menus.  We had no issues with MDR options or quality.  If anything, the portions seemed a bit smaller, but we enjoyed everything.  

Teddie

43 minutes ago, teddie said:

Sailed on the 2/3/23 Anthem trip with new menus.  We had no issues with MDR options or quality.  If anything, the portions seemed a bit smaller, but we enjoyed everything.  

Teddie

Correction:  it was the 2/4 sailing.