How do you cancel an excursion that you have booked?

JM0115

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is for shore excursions booked through windstar? I can't seem to find this anywhere. Many external tour companies have a 24 hour cancellation policy. What is windstar's policy, or does it depend on the particular excursion?

Edited by kellig

Most are 24 hours but there are sometimes exceptions. Some of the Alaska excursions, for example, have a 72 hour cancellation. They will let you know once onboard if any of the excursions need a greater lead time for cancellations.

• 3 months later...

When I looked in the T&C it said you will be told the deadline for cancellation when you get on board, but I was wondering if that means that you can always cancel excursions the first day?

we cancelled and or exchanged several tours in the past,  we knew ahead of time and called, no problem. Only time we cancelled on board was because of a change of port (Antiqua docked in St. Johns rather than the usual English Harbor) cancelled same day no problem.  Not sure about cancelling less than 24-48 hrs. while onboard under normal circumstances.

As an additional point of reference, we had purchased an excursion for our port visit to Antigua.  During the port talk the evening before arrival, the destination services manager commented that there were still 2 slots available on an excursion that sounded more interesting.  After her talk, I went directly to here (still in the lounge) and asked if we could switch.  "Not an issue." When we returned to our stateroom after dinner, we found the tickets for the new excursion.  Our statement was credited for the original one and then charged for the replacement.  This was about 12 hours before the excursion was to depart (December 2021).