Question regarding insurance for B2B cruise

2 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

It's better to insure the entire trip as 1 entity. From the time you walk out the door until the time you walk back into the front door.

Thanks! We were only thinking that if for some reason we couldn't make 1 leg of the trip but could make the other half that insuring them separately might be better

On 2/22/2023 at 8:30 AM, cwayne said:

Do not travel enough out of the country to warrant an annual plan. Just wanted info on whether to insure a b2b separately or as a unit

This was a great question. I don't think "Insure My Trip" understands what a B2B cruise is! Essentially it's two cruises but ONE TRIP. I don't know why they think annual trip insurance is even relevant to this discussion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

This was a great question. I don't think "Insure My Trip" understands what a B2B cruise is! Essentially it's two cruises but ONE TRIP. I don't know why they think annual trip insurance is even relevant to this discussion. 

IMT seems to be having some, uh, difficulty with just about all of the questions.

Wait, no.  The questions are fine.

It's the non-answers that are the problem.

It's *incredibly* odd, given this presumably is supposed to be a time for them to gather a nice collection of eyes and encourage their owners to buy their travel insurance through IMT.

I would have expected amazing responsiveness here, to make the most of this opportunity.

Strange.

One way I try to vet potential new business entities is to see how they respond.  My thinking has always been that if they aren't really wonderful while they are initially trying to *sell* to you, what's the chance that they will be very responsive and helpful if there are problems later...?

GC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

IMT seems to be having some, uh, difficulty with just about all of the questions.

It's the non-answers that are the problem...

One way I try to vet potential new business entities is to see how they respond.  My thinking has always been that if they aren't really wonderful while they are initially trying to *sell* to you, what's the chance that they will be very responsive and helpful if there are problems later...?

GC

DITTO!! Thanks for this post. I was beginning to think it was just me. An entire forum section devoted to showcasing them and their answers are, uhm, well they are NOT answers.

Safe and happy travels to you GeezerCouple 🙂

Denise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

It's the non-answers that are the problem.

It's *incredibly* odd, given this presumably is supposed to be a time for them to gather a nice collection of eyes and encourage their owners to buy their travel insurance through IMT.

I would have expected amazing responsiveness here, to make the most of this opportunity.

Strange.

GC

gc and others, might this be a Chat Bot as a few of the responses appear to be "canned" as it were with no change in syntax or approach....???

Just my thoughts based on what, little, I have read on this Special Forum.

Based on this experience so far, I know where my insurance questions and policies will continue to go...

bon voyage

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

gc and others, might this be a Chat Bot as a few of the responses appear to be "canned" as it were with no change in syntax or approach....???

Based on this experience so far, I know where my insurance questions and policies will continue to go...

bon voyage

Based on what seems to happening with ChatGpt, the answers may be AI answers!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

Can I ask where that would be? Would really like an answer, with pros and cons to my question re b2b insurance

20 minutes ago, cwayne said:

Can I ask where that would be? Would really like an answer, with pros and cons to my question re b2b insurance

That's a good question, of course.

Please post it again, just the same question, on the regular Travel Insurance section of CruiseCritic, the one that isn't sort of dedicated to this one vendor, IMT.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

Thanks.

GC

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

That's a good question, of course.

Please post it again, just the same question, on the regular Travel Insurance section of CruiseCritic, the one that isn't sort of dedicated to this one vendor, IMT.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

Thanks.

GC

@cwayne^^^^^ this!!!

You will find greater information and input from great posters, IMO of course.... LOL

Then you can call me out on it if this is not correct, yet I predict you will be happy overall with the support we give there.

bon voyage 

• Thanks 1