Move up with All Inclusive package

sherylc

As in hundreds of previous threads with the same question, you keep the perks you booked with. You do not get upgraded to premium. You only get the additional room amenities.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

... and you'll have to pay the difference between the gratuities included for your original cabin grade, and those due on the suite, and you don't get the extra Captain's Club points for the suite, you retain the points for your original reservation.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all. Figured that was the answer. Don’t really care about the points.  Just thought it might be awkward in Luminae to have the classic beverage package. From previous experience, the sommelier has just poured nice wines and kept glasses full with the expectation that everyone in Luminae would have the premium package. 

13 hours ago, sherylc said:

Thanks all. Figured that was the answer. Don’t really care about the points.  Just thought it might be awkward in Luminae to have the classic beverage package. From previous experience, the sommelier has just poured nice wines and kept glasses full with the expectation that everyone in Luminae would have the premium package. 

They are aware of who has what

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sherylc said:

From previous experience, the sommelier has just poured nice wines and kept glasses full with the expectation that everyone in Luminae would have the premium package.

I think they let things slide a bit in Luminae when it comes to pouring by the glass.  I wouldn't bank on it, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth for them to keep up with who might be on a classic package due to a MU bid.

Now, if you were to ask for a premium wine that wasn't on their typical "by the glass menu," you might expect a polite apology that they cannot accomodate your request unless you were willing to pay the upcharge or buy a bottle.

14 hours ago, sherylc said:

They are aware of who has what

Is it worth any embarrassment to be told that your package doesnt include that?

I ordered a Peligrino in The Blu last month.   Gentlemen near us asked for the same.  His card was not in view, but the server quietly told him he had the Classic package and that was not included.   

55 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I think they let things slide a bit in Luminae when it comes to pouring by the glass.  I wouldn't bank on it, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth for them to keep up with who might be on a classic package due to a MU bid.

I completely disagree. Many passengers dining in Luminae via a move up bid may have no beverage package at all. They check. They check on the Retreat Sundeck too. It's not too much trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I completely disagree. Many passengers dining in Luminae via a move up bid may have no beverage package at all. They check. They check on the Retreat Sundeck too. It's not too much trouble.

Agree, they have to be accurate on what is being served, mainly for inventory purposes.  If they keep pouring wine A, but charge for wine B it creates a major inventory/supply problem, which they don't need anymore supply headaches....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Agree, they have to be accurate on what is being served, mainly for inventory purposes.  If they keep pouring wine A, but charge for wine B it creates a major inventory/supply problem, which they don't need anymore supply headaches....

Perhaps things have changed over the last few months, but I don't see them doing a lot of "charging" in Luminae when it comes to the "stock" wines (for lack of a better term) that they serve by the glass via the wine list and that fall under the premium package.  I'm talking about the ones that typically are referred to generically (e.g., Do you usually like a cabernet or a pinot noir" or "I'd like a glass of chardonnay").  I often see waiters just going from table to table and topping off glasses with those.  I have no doubt they are keeping their inventory by the bottle on those wines, of course, but that's different.

I would expect that if you were to order something else and not have a premium package (beer, cocktail, other wine, or even premium water), you would be charged accordingly in the same way that ordering a glass of Caymus would get you an upcharge even if you had the premium package.

That said, we've had it happen more than once that we've asked in Luminae for a recommendation.  We didn't ask by label but described what we were looking for.  The sommelier returned with a bottle of something that wasn't on that list.  While I assume that wine was priced by the glass within the premium package, it wasn't served by the glass.  The bottle stayed on the table.  The next night, we could have another bottle if we wanted it.

22 hours ago, RichYak said:

I haven't seen or heard anyone checked while in Luminae or the Retreat Lounge/Michael's, but I admit that I'm not exactly concerning myself with that.  I've never spent more than a few minutes at a Retreat Sundeck.

My wife also reminded me about when we had guests in Luminae (the one time we did that).  They only had a classic package, but they were served premium wine by the glass from that wine list.  No one was charged.  No one was carded for their drink package.  Luminae was well aware of their cabin number and so also was aware of what package they had.  Again, that policy may have changed since we did that about a year ago, or maybe someone was just feeling generous.