Symphony venues/public spaces with an oceanview?

We will be on the Atlantic crossing from Miami on Symphony March 9. I know that weather on a TA is unpredictable especially when we get further out. I would like to be outside as much as possible but when it gets too cool or windy I'll be inside. Which venues that have windows with an oceanview could I use to read a book, have a drink or just enjoy the ocenaview? TIA

1 hour ago, eurodolphin said:

We will be on the Atlantic crossing from Miami on Symphony March 9. I know that weather on a TA is unpredictable especially when we get further out. I would like to be outside as much as possible but when it gets too cool or windy I'll be inside. Which venues that have windows with an oceanview could I use to read a book, have a drink or just enjoy the ocenaview? TIA

Solarium

Yes I know about the Solarium but thought that it is not completely enclosed? I suppose that even in chilly weather some parts of it will be warm enough to sit in and will certainly try that. But was also wondering if there are some actual inside places with a seaview?

12 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

Yes I know about the Solarium but thought that it is not completely enclosed? I suppose that even in chilly weather some parts of it will be warm enough to sit in and will certainly try that. But was also wondering if there are some actual inside places with a seaview?

Unless you are in a suite then there is not.

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless you are in a suite then there is not.

Well that's kind of dissapointing... and weird (to me that is) for such a large ship. I suppose I'll be spending more time in my balcony cabin then when the weather turns bad and enjoy my own personal oceanview, nothing wrong with that 😁

3 hours ago, eurodolphin said:

Bring a coat to the solarium and remember it may be warmer when the sun is out.  So you may find it perfect.   Honestly, oasis class doesn’t do well in outward looking areas.  It is definitely more inward looking.  

It would likely be the breeze that makes it more cold, so maybe find a spot that isn’t so breezy.  There will be many around the ship and they’ll be that way consistently for days in a row.  So search for a good sunny spot like that perhaps.  

When the weather is nice the spot behind the flowrider bar is a top notch view.  Not sure on wind/weather from that spot however.  First couple days should be plenty warm.  

28 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

While perhaps not the direct sea view you were envisioning, Dazzles has large windows overlooking the boardwalk and wake. 

And do they let people in at datyime just to sit and relax? Because I know it is a nightclub kind of thing?

28 minutes ago, topnole said:

Bring a coat to the solarium and remember it may be warmer when the sun is out.  So you may find it perfect.   Honestly, oasis class doesn’t do well in outward looking areas.  It is definitely more inward looking.  

It would likely be the breeze that makes it more cold, so maybe find a spot that isn’t so breezy.  There will be many around the ship and they’ll be that way consistently for days in a row.  So search for a good sunny spot like that perhaps.  

When the weather is nice the spot behind the flowrider bar is a top notch view.  Not sure on wind/weather from that spot however.  First couple days should be plenty warm.  

Thise are great tips, thank you!

Tons of spots, you just have to explore and find them.  For instance, right in front of the Solarium entrance on deck 15 is a protected row of loungers right in front of glass.  Also the lower level of Solarium on deck 14 where the glass wings are is very well protected and enclosed, go down there, everyone else will be on deck 15 .  Also on Deck 15 Solarium Bistro is always available for a table to read or such.  In Windjammer, we play cards a lot any time of day.

1 minute ago, eurodolphin said:

And do they let people in at datyime just to sit and relax? Because I know it is a nightclub kind of thing?

You can pretty much go anywhere onboard, sometimes you may have to tell them what you are doing, especially where Windjammer is concerned, but they have let us in almost any time except when they are cleaning and preparing for the next meal.  I have even gone into Chops and sat down during the day, nobody in there until 11:00 or so and in the afternoons until 5.

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Tons of spots, you just have to explore and find them.  For instance, right in front of the Solarium entrance on deck 15 is a protected row of loungers right in front of glass.  Also the lower level of Solarium on deck 14 where the glass wings are is very well protected and enclosed, go down there, everyone else will be on deck 15 .  Also on Deck 15 Solarium Bistro is always available for a table to read or such.  In Windjammer, we play cards a lot any time of day.

Well thank you so much! I will most certainly go and explore, enough time to do so with 9 consecutive seadays!

Don't forget the very back of the ship on the running track, my fave spot, there are steamer lounges back there to sit in and watch the wake, completely covered but open air deck 5  Also right at the end of this vid, right where I am standing to the side of the Aqua Theater on either side, you can go any time and just sit in chairs

Edited by BecciBoo

37 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

On sister ships I have seen Dazzles doors open during the day.  The venue was quiet or had soft music piped in…YMMV.  No bar tender was on duty during the day.  Other times the venue is used for private functions during the day or it may be utilized for other gatherings (a dance class for example).

24 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Don't forget the very back of the ship on the running track, my fave spot, there are steamer lounges back there to sit in and watch the wake, completely covered but open air deck 5  Also right at the end of this vid, right where I am standing to the side of the Aqua Theater on either side, you can go any time and just sit in chairs

To add to this.  

There are also areas on the side of the ship on Harmony jogging track (assuming symphony is identical), with seating that isn’t just a foot away from the joggers going by.   I prefer deck 15 aft for the wake view myself (plus there is a bar right there as a bonus), but many also like the jogging track aft view.  If you are interested in a quiet view from the side of the ship to enjoy the rolling waves in the middle of the Atlantic, the deck 5 lounge area off of the jogging track is really nice.  Again, that is assuming Symphony is like Harmony (which is likely).   

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

On sister ships I have seen Dazzles doors open during the day.  The venue was quiet or had soft music piped in…YMMV.  No bar tender was on duty during the day.  Other times the venue is used for private functions during the day or it may be utilized for other gatherings (a dance class for example).

On a TA there will probably be some days of activities in the lounge, but probably not private parties as much.  At least those will be listed in the cruise planner so one would know.  

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

On a TA there will probably be some days of activities in the lounge, but probably not private parties as much.  At least those will be listed in the cruise planner so one would know.  

True but I assume other people read these threads.  They are not necessarily on TA cruises yet may want ideas of places to relax if the weather is uncooperative on their cruise.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

Wow people! Thanks to each and everyone of you for the many suggestions. i will print them out and will be walking around the ship with them so I can check out every spot!

When I get back I will let you all know my favorite!

Speaking of walking (or running)…don’t forget there are windows in the gym, so you can enjoy the view while you are on the treadmill.  Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topnole said:

There are also areas on the side of the ship on Harmony jogging track

Yes  right in the middle in between the lifeboats is an area they have set aside, I think Symphony had benches, I presume to change into joggers etc.  But some ships have chairs in there, it's very secluded too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eurodolphin said:

Allure TA in 2020 used it for Mass and trivia in the morning. Every sea day. Our TA left March 1, weather was fine

There are some lovely seats at the deck 7 rock wall.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Allure TA in 2020 used it for Mass and trivia in the morning. Every sea day. Our TA left March 1, weather was fine

There are some lovely seats at the deck 7 rock wall.

So I’m curious, was it warm enough for pool time or a bit on the cold side?  We are on this TA too and hoping the kids will be able to use the kids splash zone/water slides most of the trip.  But as Floridians, they don’t like it too cold.  

I know every year is different, but I’m hoping to know what is possible.  Our only other east bound TA was a May 1 departure and the weather was fantastic most of the trip.