Water in Stateroom

OceanZena

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I was specifically told by my room steward that the water of bottle in the room did not count as my free one and that I would be charged for that one. 

I've used the water from the stateroom without being charged in the past. But that was over a year ago most recently, so things could have changed.

Or, others have stated the bottle was charged and then the charge canceled out. Perhaps all the steward knows is that he puts in the charge and doesn't realize it later gets canceled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asalligo said:

Yes, Carnival clearly is trying not to provide this perk unless you know about it. I bet it really does save them a lot yearly though. Just a really sneaky way to go about it. 

This is my thought as well and I guess after the past 2 years it's understandable. I'm just glad I asked here so I know what to do to get them. 

2 hours ago, asalligo said:

I was specifically told by my room steward that the water of bottle in the room did not count as my free one and that I would be charged for that one. 

I'll be sure to confirm it with my steward before opening the room water and if I need to use a coupon or my S&S card at the bar to redeem it, i'll just do that.

31 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Also you need to call room service to get your "Chocolate Delight" or cookies if you don't want that.  We have received chocolate covered strawberries in the past but the last couple cruises we received an assortment of truffles and macarones.

I didn't know that was a free perk too. I already ordered a Bon Voyage vanilla cake and a medium finger sandwich tray for the stateroom so I doubt i'll have room left for a Chocolate Delight. But i'll remember this for next time. 

37 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Also you need to call room service to get your "Chocolate Delight" or cookies if you don't want that.  We have received chocolate covered strawberries in the past but the last couple cruises we received an assortment of truffles and macarones.

This is for platinum and above, OP said they were gold.

Just now, OceanZena said:

I didn't know that was a free perk too. I already ordered a Bon Voyage vanilla cake and a medium finger sandwich tray for the stateroom so I doubt i'll have room left for a Chocolate Delight. But i'll remember this for next time. 

Shoot!  The chocolate delight is for Platinum.  Sorry I didn't catch that in your first post🙁

3 hours ago, asalligo said:

Yes, Carnival clearly is trying not to provide this perk unless you know about it. I bet it really does save them a lot yearly though. Just a really sneaky way to go about it. 

The free bottle of water actually begins at Red level.  On my last cruise we used our two bottles of water and our room steward replaced them and we used those as well.  There were 4 of us in the cabin and I was never charged for any of them.  It sounds like one of those policies that is being interpreted differently by whoever is following it.

3 hours ago, asalligo said:

Yes, Carnival clearly is trying not to provide this perk unless you actually want it. 

Fixed it for you. I am sure that tens of thousands of pins, gifts, chocolate treats, etc. were going straight into the garbage every week before they changed the procedure. And there is nothing wrong with Carnival trying to minimize that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

You get 1 free bottle if you are red or up. You can use the bottle in the room. There is no charge for the first one on your account. It doesn't matter where you get it from. The ones at the bar will be cold.

I'm glad you posted this since I prefer to drink my water room temperature so i'll just swipe 1 bottle from the room.