Status of New Zealand Cruise Ship Ports?

JohnQ

Is there any news out there about NZ cruise ship ports being open or closed or for how long. I saw a few pictures of Hawkes Bay and they looked bad. Reminds me a lot of a few weeks ago here in Northern California. We just don’t get much news here on down south.

All of the South Island ports are fine as is Wellington. I also believe Tauranga and Auckland are fine.. so it's only if you were either doing small-ship non-major ports up the far north.. or say the port of Napier with the big ships that you would have any issues.  

Edited by Over from NZ
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

Really?! It was a great day in Christchurch today. That almost sounds a bit suspect. 

Who knows these days. Is there a wind coming up? There was discussion on the FB page of not wanting the ship to get trapped or something because of wind. Sometimes it seems to easy to skip a port and give some such reason.   This "Predicted windy conditions in excess of the limits imposed by harbour authorities meant we might have been stuck there for some time."

Edited by Pushka

11 hours ago, Pushka said:

Who knows these days. Is there a wind coming up? There was discussion on the FB page of not wanting the ship to get trapped or something because of wind. Sometimes it seems to easy to skip a port and give some such reason.   This "Predicted windy conditions in excess of the limits imposed by harbour authorities meant we might have been stuck there for some time."

No, not today. Not yesterday either. My son works for the port. Any wind above a certain level.. and they get stood down and they weren't. Maybe the ship had fouling issues again. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

No, not today. Not yesterday either. My son works for the port. Any wind above a certain level.. and they get stood down and they weren't. Maybe the ship had fouling issues again. 

Just interesting then isn't it! I'll update to see if any other ports impacted.