Where to book our platinum dinner reservations

go fish 44

I assume that you can’t book them now because all the reservations available for pre booking have been taken? Otherwise you can just book them online as normal.

If you are booking onboard then you have a few options. You can go to the restaurant reservations desk. The location of this on embarkation day varies as they often have a temporary setup in a restaurant on that day. The location will be advertised.

Or you can book onboard using the app and (dependent on the ship) you may be able to use the touchscreens or your room TV.

Basically, you just book them as you would any other restaurant reservation.

• Like 1

Our cruise in November will be the first time we've sailed as Platinum.  Our cruise consultant told us we could not make this reservation until we were on board the ship - are you saying this is not true? I asked him if he could make the reservation for us, he said the proper way to do it would be the first day on the ship.

2 minutes ago, vantec said:

Our cruise in November will be the first time we've sailed as Platinum.  Our cruise consultant told us we could not make this reservation until we were on board the ship - are you saying this is not true? I asked him if he could make the reservation for us, he said the proper way to do it would be the first day on the ship.

Your cruise consultant is incorrect. Fire them (seriously). 

The system does not know or care about how your pay for any particular meal. That is done when you arrive at the restaurant (cash/room charge, Free at Sea Dinners, Platinum voucher, Additional Specialty Dining Package, other vouchers). 

125 days prior to departure (130 if you are in the Haven or Suite) at 12 midnight eastern time, reservations will open. Take advantage of your head start over steerage to get the dining dates and times you want. 

Make sure to book fixed priced restaurants (Teppanyaki or Moderna) first, then any a la cart restaurants. @KeithJenner above has a link to a complete guide to booking restaurants in his signature box. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your cruise consultant is incorrect. Fire them (seriously). 

The system does not know or care about how your pay for any particular meal. That is done when you arrive at the restaurant (cash/room charge, Free at Sea Dinners, Platinum voucher, Additional Specialty Dining Package, other vouchers). 

125 days prior to departure (130 if you are in the Haven or Suite) at 12 midnight eastern time, reservations will open. Take advantage of your head start over steerage to get the dining dates and times you want. 

Make sure to book fixed priced restaurants (Teppanyaki or Moderna) first, then any a la cart restaurants. @KeithJenner above has a link to a complete guide to booking restaurants in his signature box. 

Thank you so much for your help!  We are having a difficult time figuring how navigate our benefits.  I'm sure once we do it the first time it will be much easier.

2 hours ago, vantec said:

My TA and myself was told the same thing by 3 different NCL agents.  This is only for the fixed charge reservations.  The system does not recognize the free platinum dinners.  You should be able to book any al la carte restaurants . 

2 hours ago, vantec said:

i always have my TA make my dinner reservations. Never wait til you are on board, you may not get where and when you desire. Does not matter how you are going to pay, until you enter the dining room. Platinum members will have a little pamphlet on the counter in your cabin. Look though everything there, it does not stand out, there are always a bunch of fliers don't throw anything away until you find it. If you look at the tier benefits section of the website,  it will tell which restaurants the platinum benefit covers. Some ships have different specialty venues, those exceptions are listed on the bottom. Make sure you use the platinum coupon on those restaurants  and the free at sea freebies for other venues.

3 hours ago, Biffire said:

i always have my TA make my dinner reservations. Never wait til you are on board, you may not get where and when you desire. Does not matter how you are going to pay, until you enter the dining room. Platinum members will have a little pamphlet on the counter in your cabin. Look though everything there, it does not stand out, there are always a bunch of fliers don't throw anything away until you find it. If you look at the tier benefits section of the website,  it will tell which restaurants the platinum benefit covers. Some ships have different specialty venues, those exceptions are listed on the bottom. Make sure you use the platinum coupon on those restaurants  and the free at sea freebies for other venues.

The platinum benefit now includes all restaurants.

On 2/22/2023 at 1:10 AM, KeithJenner said:

The platinum benefit now includes all restaurants.

I saw that on You Tube this morning, However, I just logged in to my account, and went to the Latitude tier benefit tab, and it still indicates certain venues. Does your account show any venue, or specify certain venues?

47 minutes ago, Biffire said:

However, I just logged in to my account, and went to the Latitude tier benefit tab, and it still indicates certain venues.

Do you have a link?

This is what I see (no mention of exclusions):

Latitudes Rewards Program Overview | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Do you have a link?

This is what I see (no mention of exclusions):

Latitudes Rewards Program Overview | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

I looked in the chart where they list all of the platinum tiers, and little check marks listing the benefits that apply to each level. Under the meals it still lists the restaurants that apply to each coupon.

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

image.png.9a81f327e7aa870853c5414527e126d5.png

I'm not seeing it.

Dinner for Two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina6
(per stateroom)

7 minutes ago, Biffire said:
Dinner for Two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina6
(per stateroom)

It is also strange, where you have dots for each benefit, I have little check marks, although I was not able to cut and paste that part? Mysteries of the internet I guess.

52 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You must be picking up an old version of the page.  That is how it used to read.

Very strange ..... my computer also picks up the old Latitude Tier Benefits using both Safari and Firefox.  When I click on your link in post 15 I can see the new Latitude Tier Benefits page but as soon as I leave that page and go to my booked cruise (or anything else) and return to the LTB's it reverts back to the old version.    I've tried clearing history etc.

Thanks for posting the new version 🙂

Edited by kjquilts

We were just on the Joy, our first cruise as Platinum and booked late. We made all of our reservations on board and the only place that was an issue was Ocean Blue. It was booked solid but we showed up a 5:30 on evening and we were seated at 6pm. Attached is the voucher that awaited us upon arrival. Good at all locations and states what it includes. Cut the vouchers apart and use the one that states a bottle of wine for when you want to use that perk and the other when not. 

Platinum Voucher.jpg