Reserve Club Class $110 PP PD REALLY!

cruzsnooze

The question posted was not about club class being nicer with no wait and a extra dish it was $110 PP PD or $2200 per couple on a ten day cruise (10 days on board 5 land portion) worth it. I say NO way too much. I booked a regular mini on the Diamond Princess May 30 2024 because the value wasn't even close to worth it. Maybe the price will change but I have never seen a cruisetour come down in price. 

• 7 months later...

I think it all depends on itinerary, length of cruise, class of ship, etc. We upgraded from a deluxe balcony aft stateroom to a Reserve Collection Mini Suite on the Regal Princess (Royal Class) on a transatlantic repositioning cruise, 15 nights for $1,000 each. To us that is well worth the bigger room, bigger balcony (under the sea walk, we don't mind subdued blue light!), reserve dining, priority embarkation and debarkation. I agree that $110 pp pd is not worth it just for the dining and priority, but $66 pp pd for moving from a balcony to a reserve mini suite  is worth it for us. BTW, I started putting in a bid at much higher and then called Princess and asked if there were any upgrades and the $1000 pp was way below what the bid gauge would call a good bid! It pays to call....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dadnut said:

I think it all depends on itinerary, length of cruise, class of ship, etc. We upgraded from a deluxe balcony aft stateroom to a Reserve Collection Mini Suite on the Regal Princess (Royal Class) on a transatlantic repositioning cruise, 15 nights for $1,000 each. To us that is well worth the bigger room, bigger balcony (under the sea walk, we don't mind subdued blue light!), reserve dining, priority embarkation and debarkation. I agree that $110 pp pd is not worth it just for the dining and priority, but $66 pp pd for moving from a balcony to a reserve mini suite  is worth it for us. BTW, I started putting in a bid at much higher and then called Princess and asked if there were any upgrades and the $1000 pp was way below what the bid gauge would call a good bid! It pays to call....

I just wanted to welcome you to Cruise Critic.  To some, the extra price for Reserve is worth it and to others not so much.  It just boils down to what you can afford and if the benefits appeal to you.  Congratulations on getting your upgrade!