Back to Back Question

DaisyUK

Hi, we wanted to book a 33 day cruise but our suite of choice was not available so we booked it as 2 cruises and we will switch suites mid-way. Excursions have opened, but I don't see any option book excursions on the 'changeover' day (Sydney). Is this normal, or a glitch in the system for this particular cruise? Any advice/help welcomed. Thanks..

4 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

Hi, we wanted to book a 33 day cruise but our suite of choice was not available so we booked it as 2 cruises and we will switch suites mid-way. Excursions have opened, but I don't see any option book excursions on the 'changeover' day (Sydney). Is this normal, or a glitch in the system for this particular cruise? Any advice/help welcomed. Thanks..

@DaisyUKIt is normal not to have excursions on turnover day.  If there is a large group of you on the ship doing a B2B along with you, the ship may offer 1-2 excursions.  I would suggest going to Destinations Services when you board and ask them if excursions will be available.  If none are offered, make your own plans or catch a Hop On Hop Off bus. Sydney is an exciting city with lots to offer.  Enjoy.

Don’t forget to get your new room key before leaving the ship that day.  The executive concierge can help you with that.  Contact them a few days before the end of your first segment.  They will contact Housekeeping to assist with crew to move your belongings to your new suite.

Edited by NCCruzQueen
  • Like 1

No glitch in the system, per se, except the system is old and items like this can’t be dealt with.  We had the same issue in Sydney last month and As much as I tried to get some answers before the cruise and at the start of the cruise - I was basically told - it will happen.  

So what happened was about 5 or 6 days before cruise one was ending we got the piece of paper asking us what are plans are:  

1) early flights

2) staying on ship

3) do you want one of these tours

at that point you can sign up for a tour.  If you changing rooms, everyone should be out of their suites at 8.  Call and a bunch of folks will come and move all the clothing on hangers, drawers and suit cases.  So you may need to pack up small items, but not everything.

As stated above get a new room key with the dates for the second cruise on it.  

Thank you both for your advice. What is surprising to me is that on the 33 day cruise there are many excursions available, so they are definitely there, just not being made available (at the moment) to back to backers. Good to know that it will (hopefully) be resolved as you describe though 😊