Boarding appt. times with others

ehogan

31 minutes ago, rev6ho said:

Get there booking number and link it to yours where it says manage another booking. That's what I did with parents and it automatically gave them the same boarding time as mine.

This is what we do. 

12 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Carnival doesn't give boarding times.

Nope, they give you an arrival appointment when you check in.  Link the booking numbers and you can check all rooms in at the same time.

Although if you really want to get "technical", this is what it says:

ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT

11:00 - 11:30 AM

REMINDER!

To expedite check-in and minimize waiting, all guests must board together during the selected arrival appointment window.

• Like 1

One time (and one time only) I was able to somehow check in both of our rooms literally at once on the Carnival website.  The two rooms were booked with a travel agent and were adjoining rooms.   However, we have cruised other times and had to log in separately even when I *thought* the bookings were linked. (Although, the cruise I couldn't do it was also one where they had changed boats and rooms and put my young children on the opposite side of the boat from us so maybe the bookings where we couldn't do it weren't linked.) So, there is a way to do it...but I don't know how.  If you have a travel agent, I would ask them as ours worked some magic.

The only other thing I can think of is the "other room" involved my listed travel companions (husband and son) so maybe that is why it allowed me to do it.  On the Carnival website, there is a way to actually add travel companions to your profile.  It also saves their information in your profile with your own so you don't have to reenter all of their information every time you book a room.    

I do know they will let a family with young kids board together regardless of time, but that just makes sense because they aren't going to send my 8 and 10 year old to the back of the line by themself. 

Edited by Eli_6

Never mind about my entire post. I just realized people are saying the bookings being linked lets you check in everyone together. I guess the one time I could not do that, my bookings probably weren't linked.

I always tell people that are travelling with a large group to just take whatever arrival time you can get. Then if you all really HAVE to board together at the same time then all of you just show up at the terminal around 1 pm and you will literally just walk right on to the ship. You will miss the chaos of everyone being there to be the 1st ones on and it will be a lot less hassle and less stressful on you. Now, granted, this only works as long as there was no delay in boarding such as a Coast Guard inspection or late arrival of the ship. Otherwise, getting there around 1pm has always worked for us and even as Platinums we always just leisurely stroll on. No hassle. No lines. No crowded terminal. No stress or frustration for anyone. Easy peasy.

• Like 2