Tell me about Conquest 1A's

Does anyone know if 2201, 2202, 2208 or 2207 have portholes? Or are they truly 1A inside cabins? (tried for 2465/2462 but already gone!)

Thanks,

Froufie

Based on Carnival's deck plans, I'd say no. I've been in 2217 and it did. Carnival would know for sure. Call them and ask for a description of the specific cabin(s) you are interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Conquest 2462 just last week and can confirm that there were two beds pushed together and two large windows. This was a great room and if I am lucky enough sail solo again I'd try for this one again!

I was in Conquest 2462 just last week and can confirm that there were two beds pushed together and two large windows. This was a great room and if I am lucky enough sail solo again I'd try for this one again!

That's my room come this Sunday. I am so glad I didn't have to get one of those dreary inside rooms. I'm really excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came off the Conquest and I had room 2462. This is a great room, twin beds that were pushed together. 3 closets, 2 windows, a table and chair, and a stool in the vanity.

There was also a bunk in the ceiling, but I don't know if they still use it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The cabin 2202 appears larger than other 1a's except for 2265/2262, was it?

Also,my pvp says that 2216 which has porthole windows is the same size, can you comfirm that. How did you like the room. I have a picture of 2202 on the Conquest and it seems that this room is laid out differently than others, with one bed by the door as you enter the room and the sofa/bed appears to be nearer the bathroom in a little alcove...Is that how your room was. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Thanks

Z-Stacy-irishgirl

I found this very helpful--I was thinking of doing a solo on Conquest. Glad to have 1-A locations.

Hi Snoozeman. Oct 21st still has one of the 1As, 2465 with the picture windows available. I had a PVP go thru all the dates thru year end. There were about 3 other dates starting in September when we did the look through, none in September left unless when it comes time to pay the cabins are released.

The cabin 2202 appears larger than other 1a's except for 2265/2262, was it?

Also,my pvp says that 2216 which has porthole windows is the same size, can you comfirm that. How did you like the room. I have a picture of 2202 on the Conquest and it seems that this room is laid out differently than others, with one bed by the door as you enter the room and the sofa/bed appears to be nearer the bathroom in a little alcove...Is that how your room was. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Here are my pics of 2202 on the Conquest. It is laid out as you described.

I can't compare the size to the other cabins you mentioned as I haven't been in those. It 'felt' about the same size as other 1A's.

The room was good for a single; the only drawback being the noise that accompanied pulling into ports. Didn't last long, or happen often, but it might bother some.

All in all, there is nothing to especially recommend it over other 1A's; the only thing I can imagine in its favor would be if you were traveling with someone and you wanted maximum separation in sleeping arrangements in the same cabin. The sofa bed off in the corner would provide a bit of that. If it were me, however, and a 1A porthole was available I would book it over 2202.

Kevin

• 2 months later...
Also,my pvp says that 2216 which has porthole windows is the same size, can you comfirm that.

Two pictures of what Cabin 2216 (Single bed plus convertaible sofa, with 2 portholes) looks like on the Conquest Class ships.

Cabin2216c.JPG

Cabin2216a.JPG

Pineview, I had it booked for this Oct and had to cancel (to go on a RCI cruise instead) thats why I announced those cabins were both available here). Im rebooked now for 2008. Cant wait though.

Hope you enjoy them too.

On the Conquest cabin 2462 and 2465 both have 2 twin beds on the floor that can be pushed together. Both have 2 windows. My husband & I had 2465 and my sister and her husband had 2462. We sailed May 6, 2007.

I am booked for 2216 for Oct 21st sailing.. Should I move further away from the front of the ship because of the noise?

Is it worth it to have the two portholes with the noise or should I move further towards the middle with no windows/no noise with the anchor?

Thanks guys!

Kim

The only other cabins available for that sailing that are 1a is 6227 and 6393 that aren't at the front of the ship..

2202/2201 and 2208 are the other 3

Any suggestions would be great..

Thank you for all your info..this has been a great help!

Hey Irish if you are still reading this post my bday is the same as yours.. happy belated..

I am booked for 2216 for Oct 21st sailing.. Should I move further away from the front of the ship because of the noise?

Is it worth it to have the two portholes with the noise or should I move further towards the middle with no windows/no noise with the anchor?

Thanks guys!

Kim

The only other cabins available for that sailing that are 1a is 6227 and 6393 that aren't at the front of the ship..

2202/2201 and 2208 are the other 3

Any suggestions would be great..

Thank you for all your info..this has been a great help!

Hey Irish if you are still reading this post my bday is the same as yours.. happy belated..

Well they are only going to drop anchor the day you are at Grand Caymen, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

6393 is nice and big, but it is next to a store room and the laundry. Niether was a problem for me except the last morning when someone was wheeling a cart out of the storeroom with a bad wheel bearing, it was like fingernails on a chalkboard :eek:.

Thanks guys!

Kim

To me its worth it if you have a port hole. period. I was on the starboard side so never heard the sound of the dropping of the anchors. I have heard mostly on the port side you can hear them early in the morning when a ship arrives into a port. To me I wouldnt care, Id rather be able to see out and see the port if I am woken up up an hour early, who cares, I want to see the first glimpse of the port.

The port holes are not huge, but they let in light and you can wake up and tell if the sun is out or not. Give me a little anchor noise in exchange any day.

We only had port holes once, on Ecstasy. They dont even have any 1As with port holes you can get for an inside price, you have to go up to a 5A price to get them on that class ship.

• 1 year later...

Archived