Specialty Dining Prices

Stuartm

on Majestic at  the moment and most  menus in the bars and on the room app are the old prices.  The $12 wines from the old package are now $17 - $19 so still in the plus package with the new $22 price cap.  Not sure what happens if you order a drink between $16 old and $22 new using and old pricelist - thinking it is included.  Probably charged the difference ?   Much confusion.  

20 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

The $15 corkage appears at item 24 Alcohol and Gambling in the Passage Contract for a cruise I booked this month. Those Terms and Conditions were updated in December 2022. Item 2 says that a legally binding agreement on these terms and conditions becomes effective when they receive the first payment for the cruise eg deposit. I don’t see how they can increase the corkage charge for any currently booked cruises. They had better not try, or I will be having a big argument with them on March 16.  

I purchased the Plus Package for my 4 cruises since covid, but the latest price increase is too much for the amount of alcohol I think it is sensible to consume daily. The new wine prices are too high for very ordinary wines, so I will be taking my own and paying the corkage.  I might add the soda package to cover mocktails if the new price is reasonable.  I do not drink coffee.

Out of our next 4 booked cruises only one is with Princess & that isn't until next January.  We paid $30 for our plus fare on Princess for next year.  I pity the poor staff having such a long time to have to put up with the price differences on the new & old packages.

In future I won't bother with the package. On my biggest day I've only managed 2 wines & 2 cocktails & I was merry ( lightweight I know😁) don't drink juice, can't & don't want to eat their stupid icecream offerings & get plenty of exercise taking the stairs & doing laps on deck.

I'll be happy to pay corkage on future cruises.

20 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

The $15 corkage appears at item 24 Alcohol and Gambling in the Passage Contract for a cruise I booked this month. Those Terms and Conditions were updated in December 2022. Item 2 says that a legally binding agreement on these terms and conditions becomes effective when they receive the first payment for the cruise eg deposit. I don’t see how they can increase the corkage charge for any currently booked cruises. They had better not try, or I will be having a big argument with them on March 16.  

I purchased the Plus Package for my 4 cruises since covid, but the latest price increase is too much for the amount of alcohol I think it is sensible to consume daily. The new wine prices are too high for very ordinary wines, so I will be taking my own and paying the corkage.  I might add the soda package to cover mocktails if the new price is reasonable.  I do not drink coffee.

Oops double post

Edited by joejoe 59

22 hours ago, robncruise said:

on Majestic at  the moment and most  menus in the bars and on the room app are the old prices.  The $12 wines from the old package are now $17 - $19 so still in the plus package with the new $22 price cap.  Not sure what happens if you order a drink between $16 old and $22 new using and old pricelist - thinking it is included.  Probably charged the difference ?   Much confusion.  

It is included. We disembarked yesterday. We ordered $18 drinks, no charge applied. Wife ordered a $24 cocktail, and a $2 charge was on our account. Pays to check regularly though, as there were errant charges stemming from the dining room for us. As you say, confusion reigns.

If you have the old Plus package, you just don't get the new extras (those sickly desserts, fresh juice & smoothies, fitness classes).

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes. Totally crazy! Princess will end up being known as the heart attack cruise line!

Haha, those desserts sound🤮

If we were to cruise Princess again we would take the basic fare, take our wine onboard and buy a couple of standard spirits pre and post dinner.

We don't drink juices, creamy cocktails, soft drinks etc, have never purchased internet, been to the gym to have a look haha! and if we want a specialty restaurant we will purchase it.

At least there is still a choice to go basic.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Haha, those desserts sound🤮

If we were to cruise Princess again we would take the basic fare, take our wine onboard and buy a couple of standard spirits pre and post dinner.

We don't drink juices, creamy cocktails, soft drinks etc, have never purchased internet, been to the gym to have a look haha! and if we want a specialty restaurant we will purchase it.

At least there is still a choice to go basic.

I'm waiting until I see the full prices lists before deciding what we will do in the future. I used to enjoy a small fresh orange juice at breakfast but they stopped allowing that under the Plus package last year. We tend to have a cocktail before dinner (not the creamy variety - there are plenty of other interesting options), wine with dinner, sometimes wine/beer with lunch, and a digestive after dinner. Plus coffees but we only drink espressos onboard. I like to have internet as I enjoy doing puzzles on my phone and most of the puzzle apps I have need internet. Definitely not interesting in sickly ice cream sundaes, fitness classes or fancy juices!

But at $65 pp per day it's still borderline I think. $10 for internet, as we're Elite, which leaves $55 for drinks. Until I see the full new prices lists I can't work out whether it's still a reasonable deal. 

We have three cruises booked:

- Grand next month where we got the Plus package for $30pp.

- Japan in November, recently booked so the Plus package cost $65pp. That one will be interesting as it will be a USD cruise and the wine list will be different. I think the package will be good value on that cruise.

- the World Cruise next year. We got the package at $40pp but I need to decide how much extra it's going to cost to get some extra decent wines, especially white wines as the current ones don't suit me.

• Like 1

@arxcards Geoff, Would you be so kind as to post a photo of the white wines by the bottle on the MDR wine list. I need to do some budgeting for extra wine purchases as I don't like any of the whites available under the Plus package - I can't drink Sauvignon Blanc and the Chardonnays have too much oak for me.

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

@arxcards Geoff, Would you be so kind as to post a photo of the white wines by the bottle on the MDR wine list. I need to do some budgeting for extra wine purchases as I don't like any of the whites available under the Plus package - I can't drink Sauvignon Blanc and the Chardonnays have too much oak for me.

We only did the first 3 days up to Brisbane for a weekend getaway. Now off-ship, and I didn't end up with photos from the menu. The menu at least does look more professional than the white A4 pages they had before, with a page dedicated to plus wines by the glass and another dedicated to premier wines. Alas, it would have easier to get a clear photo of the older version.

16 hours ago, cheznandy said:

$24 for a cocktail.....is that the standard price now?

P&O was $16

They were dearer cocktails. All the same, most of the Princess cocktails were at $16 last week too. Some have crept up to $18, but there was still plenty at the $16 mark. We just wanted to try out a couple of the dearer ones on the last night to use up our remaining OBC.

Funny, I thought Barb had another $24 cocktail on the last night and when it showed on the folio, I went down to the desk to get it changed to $2 (overs for the $22 plus cap). They just wiped the charge. After getting home, I find that Barb bought 2 x $12 packets of smokes at the bar. I do feel guilty about it.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

We only did the first 3 days up to Brisbane for a weekend getaway. Now off-ship, and I didn't end up with photos from the menu. The menu at least does look more professional than the white A4 pages they had before, with a page dedicated to plus wines by the glass and another dedicated to premier wines. Alas, it would have easier to get a clear photo of the older version.

OK, thanks anyway.