Off ship excursions Viking

Usherfam

Hi critics

Trying to get a feel for how long you should allow for disembarking Viking ships… not tender ports…to meet tours booked off the ship.

Can you request a quick exit to meet off ship tours?

And do Viking stipulate what time you need to be back on board prior to departure time.

Is 1 hour sufficient??

thank you

The Viking Daily - the daily news letter you receive each night for the next day - will list the port times, both intended arrival and most importantly the back on board time.

If you are planning private excursions in advance, then I would be careful when your tour starts as port arrival times are not guaranteed.

Generally - generally - most of the cruises I have been on, the port arrival time is 8am.  This may vary a bit, but generally, if you want to do independent exploration or you have a private tour booked, you can disembark the ship as of 8am, or slightly after.  This is at your will, you don't have to book or reserve anything.  You would just go to the exit.

For arrival back, please ensure that you know the time back on board.  If you are NOT on a Viking excursion, and you are late, the ship will NOT wait for you.

To be safe, I would ensure that you were back at least one hour before the all back on board time.

I have friends that had issues with a cab tour and they were literally running and just got there in time, and were told that if they had been one more minute the ship would have sailed without them.

Edited by CDNPolar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1