Verifly?

Norvig

Looking at that cruise from my TA and there is no covid requirement so if that remains the case, then there would be no purpose for Veifly. Right?  I'm thinking Verifly is a Covid doc verifier....Here is what I see:

Covid-19 Requirements: There are no vaccine or testing requirements for this sailing. 

Edited by FlaMariner

6 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Looking at that cruise from my TA and there is no covid requirement so if that remains the case, then there would be no purpose for Veifly. Right?  I'm thinking Verifly is a Covid doc verifier....Here is what I see:

Covid-19 Requirements: There are no vaccine or testing requirements for this sailing. 

That's how I read it, too.

But--When I tried to check in at the face scan kiosk in FLL, it said I hadn't done all my docs. That was wrong. I had done all the check-in stuff the website wanted, and HAL did not require Verifly to get all the green check marks and a boarding pass. The kiosk watcher sent me to a live check-in person, and a minute later I had my little paper boarding pass. So no big deal, but I wonder if the kiosk wanted me to have Verifly. HAL did send emails "encouraging" me to do it. But after going through ArriveCAN several times last year, if I wasn't required to do an app I had no desire to bother. OTOH, the kiosk might have been cranky for some other reason. 

You also have to check to make sure your flight qualifies for Verifly...it's only for certain airlines.  We flew from Canada to FLL, and our airline was not on the list.  Didn't need ArriveCan either.  As a matter of fact, our vaccine verification code was NEVER checked, nor were we even asked.

L.

Since we are new to cruising on a big ship I am feeling a bit nervous & want to make sure all my ts are crossed.  I seem to be making mistakes on my posts so not off to a good start.  
We love to travel but my husband has had vertigo since March 2022.   Slowly improving so he thought a cruise would work for him so I could have a holiday.  Canada Place is a concern as I’ve read about the long waits especially with US customs. Ques sound like it can be a long time standing.  Are there places to sit down?  Tx for all the input.  

22 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

That's how I read it, too.

But--When I tried to check in at the face scan kiosk in FLL, it said I hadn't done all my docs. That was wrong. I had done all the check-in stuff the website wanted, and HAL did not require Verifly to get all the green check marks and a boarding pass. The kiosk watcher sent me to a live check-in person, and a minute later I had my little paper boarding pass. So no big deal, but I wonder if the kiosk wanted me to have Verifly. HAL did send emails "encouraging" me to do it. But after going through ArriveCAN several times last year, if I wasn't required to do an app I had no desire to bother. OTOH, the kiosk might have been cranky for some other reason. 

What would you upload to VeriFLY if your cruise has no requirements?  It seems like VeriFLY is obsolete now.

We used VeriFly last March for our Caribbean cruise which included documentation of vaccine and pre-cruise test. It made for a super quick and easy check-in process at the terminal. We're planning to use it again this year. The app had us search our cruise by reservation/confirmation number, add a headshot, optional to add vaccine record which we did, and then complete the health assessment which I think we do on hollandamerica.com within 72 hours of sail date which should then sync with our cruise details on the app. Very easy to use and I'll be interested to see if it's a timesaver at the cruise terminal in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CvilleJane said:

We're planning to use it again this year.

So you are going to use Verifly if the cruise does not require any Covid documentation?

I do not understand the purpose of Verifly if Covid documentation is not required.  Could someone enlighten me as to what I am not understanding?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

So you are going to use Verifly if the cruise does not require any Covid documentation?

I do not understand the purpose of Verifly if Covid documentation is not required.  Could someone enlighten me as to what I am not understanding?

Verifly is useful is a country requires Covid vaccination proof.

In Canada there is no benefit.   None as there are no Covid requirements 

33 minutes ago, CvilleJane said:

We used VeriFly last March for our Caribbean cruise which included documentation of vaccine and pre-cruise test. It made for a super quick and easy check-in process at the terminal. We're planning to use it again this year. The app had us search our cruise by reservation/confirmation number, add a headshot, optional to add vaccine record which we did, and then complete the health assessment which I think we do on hollandamerica.com within 72 hours of sail date which should then sync with our cruise details on the app. Very easy to use and I'll be interested to see if it's a timesaver at the cruise terminal in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday.  

Does your cruise have any testing or vaccination requirements?

32 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

It's called conditioning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Our cruise does have testing and vaccination requirements.  I think it's for the Bahamas.  But does anyone know if one Verifly app will cover 2 people?  It is so much easier if my DH can do it for both of us...

The Bahamas no longer has any requirements.  You can look up the protocols for your cruise here:https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/

The VeriFLY app will cover two people. 

10 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

The Bahamas no longer has any requirements.  You can look up the protocols for your cruise here:https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/

The VeriFLY app will cover two people. 

I did look it up and the requirements are vaccination and testing.  Happy to hear the app will cover both of us.  At least we will be able to do our own tests here at home and just take a photo of the results.

I figured it was the Bahamas, because that is our only "foreign" stop on the Caribbean portion of the Collector's - the TA does not require anything, as far as I can tell.  I'm just hoping that in the next couple of weeks, HAL will notify us that it's no longer required, but we received a special email telling us it was, and also it's on the protocol site.

Edited by Vict0riann

11 minutes ago, CvilleJane said:

None -- I keep checking, and now daily in case it changes. We stop in Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay.

Grand Turk requires everyone 18 and older to be vaccinated in order to get off the ship at Grand Turk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

I hope to have a better understanding if VeriFLy is the way to go after Saturday. Not handing over passports, IDs, boarding passes, etc, since it's all pre-approved in the app is my main incentive for using it this year. From what I remember of last year's experience with it, we got into a separate, shorter line and used a manned kiosk to scan our QR code and went to the next kiosk maybe for a photo and then waited a couple of minutes before our group being called to embark. 

With regard to the number of reservations showing on one device's app -- we have three in our family and once I typed in our reservation number, all three of us appeared and you go through their checklist to check off what's needed to board. Very user-friendly. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

Grand Turk requires everyone 18 and older to be vaccinated in order to get off the ship at Grand Turk.

This is what I see from the TA site when viewing a cruise that stops in GT

Perhaps this means you can board the ship but cannot get off the ship in GT?

We were there in November and there was nobody from GT checking anything when we got off the ship and headed up the beach to Jack's Shack.......They were glad to see us. 

Edited by FlaMariner

29 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

Apologies if my reply confused anyone. I was answering the question if the cruise itself had any vaccination requirements or testing requirements to embark. When I put in our confirmation number, hollandamerica.com says:

Vaccination Requirements

• We highly recommend all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Guests are not required to take a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.

I agree with your thought -- that to board and stay on the ship, you do not need to be vaccinated or take a pre-cruise test. If you get off the ship, that will be country-specific according to their guidelines and you may need to stay aboard if you are not vaccinated (or you may need to take a covid test to if you want to disembark). 

In March of last year I don't remember showing vaccine card to anyone at any of the ports, including Grand Turk -- but I guess they could have asked any of us to see it.

Edited by CvilleJane
to answer additional question