Work with travel agency or NCL consultant

cb2367

The company my TA works for provided all of the free offers ncl offered for a Mediterranean cruise on Breakaway this fall, plus prepaid gratuities, OBC (sliding scale based on cost of the cruise, mine came to either $350 Visa debit card, $350 OBC or $500 cash back for spending on board, my choice) and a modest shore excursion credit valid through their sister travel company (very reputable excursion travel company).

She seems to also have some kind of "direct" line with ncl as on more than one ocassion she has put me on hold, called ncl to resolve an issue and then get back on the phone with me ... all in about 15 minutes.

All of this for a $24.95 non-refundable fee, well worth the investment.  She has worked through many of the issues/questions I've had that me calling ncl directly have not been successful.

23 minutes ago, Pghcrews said:

All of this for a $24.95 non-refundable fee, well worth the investment.  She has worked through many of the issues/questions I've had that me calling ncl directly have not been successful.

Sounds like my TA except she doesn't charge a fee.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Sounds like my TA except she doesn't charge a fee.

Mine also, no fee. And once to resolve an issue, he got straight through to the cruise line (in this instance Princess) and had us on a 3 way call instead of calling me right back. I was also left on the phone with his Princess contact and told I could ask him any other questions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 9:33 AM, jimsig said:

Check out https://www.elliott.org/  he is a travel advocate and also shows you how to advocate for yourself.  He lists contact emails for actual people at NCL.  Make sure to follow his advice on the steps to take, such as working from the bottom up and not using threats even as simple as I will never use your company again.  If you can not get a resolution they will sometimes take action on your behalf.

Thank you for this most helpful information. On this website, I was able to get much better contact information, and a real live person (a manager) called me back from the guest experience department. After a long discussion/explanation, and some more research done on her end, NCL has done the right thing and after 7 months of frustration and run around, I can honestly say I am happy with the resolution they offered. I am extremely grateful to have made contact with someone who actually listened and worked out a solution for me.  

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 12:18 PM, destar said:

I haven't found a TA that can offer me anything more than what the cruise line offers on their website. For that reason I do my own bookings.

I have never had a cruise line offer me 7 United Airline FF miles per dollar of cruise fare and often either pre-paid gratuities or OBC.

Edited by itsnotjustme

13 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I have never had a cruise line offer me 7 United Airline FF miles per dollar of cruise fare and often either pre-paid gratuities or OBC.

Celebrity Cruises offers pre-paid gratuities and a generous OBC. The miles or point depends on CC used, I use Amex, normally get 1 point per dollar. Last time got 1 point per dollar and a $350 credit, I was very happy with.

I have used the sam PCC since I started cruiseing on NCL.  He has been fantastic, he knows who I am and my situation.  He has been accessable and promptly returns phone calls.  He has been of great help when the situation warrented it, such as assistance with how to manage our first booked post covid cruise  when my husband passed away.  Recently I booked an Alaska cruise alone with 4 friends, 3 cabins.  He was helpful to all parties.  On a spur of the moment decision I called to make a reservation on a transatlantic cruise to Iceland.  I left a message and got a call back from another PCC.  My PCC had gotten a promotion.  When I spoke with the New Guy he told me that My Guy was right beside him.  I feel comfortable with New Guy and if he doesn't work out I will call My Guy.  I will stick with PCC.  

I have two cruises booked right now, one we booked ourselves online with NCL the other we booked with our airline FF miles website, exact same price as NCL with the all at seas free perks but double airline mile points for price of cruise plus then the miles on my card for paying for the cruise, prepaid gratuities, $100 OBC, double Latitudes points and each time I have seen a better deal on their website they have honored it plus I learned about other deals going on and called NCL to get those added to the cruise I booked directly with NCL.

In the beginning of our cruising days we had a great PCC who helped us with several cruises, then he was no longer there and others came and went so we started just booking directly ourselves but came across our airline mile site and will stay with them moving forward.

We LOVE airline miles!  Haven't paid for a flight in 20 years!

21 hours ago, debdel said:

Thank you for this most helpful information. On this website, I was able to get much better contact information, and a real live person (a manager) called me back from the guest experience department. After a long discussion/explanation, and some more research done on her end, NCL has done the right thing and after 7 months of frustration and run around, I can honestly say I am happy with the resolution they offered. I am extremely grateful to have made contact with someone who actually listened and worked out a solution for me.  

So glad you were able to get a resolution to your satisfaction.  Glad I was able to help.